**warning - long post!**
We had a whirlwind of a trip this last weekend. Too short, but very sweet. Tyler's sister Michelle picked us up from the SLC airport on Thursday night. The boys did better on the flight there than they did on the way home (more later). So did we.
Friday morning, after getting about 5 hours of sleep, we drove up to Rexburg from Logan to go the the temple open house. I am so glad that we chose to do that! The temple is so beautiful, it is just perfect! I don't know which words to use to describe how awesome all the decorating, architecture and paintings are. If you can't get up there to go to the open house, go here to see some interior pictures.
Tyler had to get a picture of this. He thought it was pretty funny. Adding some "coolness" factor to the van with the rims and being raised up.
We were lucky enough to see our good friends while in the Rexburg area. We miss them!
We also got to see my Grandma and Grandpa Hill - Kaden was so cute. He would run around saying, "Grandma!" "Grandpa!" I didn't think he would warm up to them that quickly for how infrequently he has seen them over the past year. But he surprised me.
So the big reason we went was for the wedding of Michelle and Eron. We couldn't be happier for them! And it was neat because the man that sealed them was Gary Gibbons - who is my second cousin- my dad's cousin! That was very cool.
Michelle and her two brothers. We were so glad that we could go to the wedding. It was a very special, sweet day. I don't think Michelle could feel the cold she was so happy!
The kids really loved playing in the snow while pictures were being taken. Jaren did NOT like the snow going up his sleeves. He kept sweeping the snow off the benches, then crying once it went up his sleeve. The minute that it was all gone, he was right back into the snow.
Evelyn eating the snow. She must have been thirsty. Ben and Shaunie were able to come up for the afternoon from Provo. Thanks for coming! I realize now how much I miss hanging out with you all. Hopefully we will see them again this summer.
Kaden's favorite thing was climbing over the mound of snow. There were more than a few times where he stepped in front of the photographer before I could stop him. Thank goodness for digital cameras!
Kaden and his cousin. I'm glad they get along so well now. These two were even wrestling at one point during the day - and she is a girly girl! (in a good way. she doesn't usually do the rough and tumble stuff with the boys).
It was fun to see everyone last week. The boys loved being around Grandma and Grandpa and aunts and uncles that are so much cooler than mom and dad. We miss you already and can't wait to see you again!
So on the trip home. . . ugh. Jaren had only had a 20 minute nap around 2 pm, so he was ready for bed at 7:30, which was when our flight was. Convenient, huh? He did okay for most of the flight, then just cried right before we landed and until we stopped at the terminal. Kaden somehow spilled half of his orange juice all over the seat between him and myself in the middle of the flight. Then cried, loudly, for 10 minutes. So we finally get off the plane, wet, tired, and freezing cold in Seattle.
How is it colder here than it was in Salt Lake?
We finally get our luggage after waiting for a good 45 minutes (I've heard that SeaTac has a reputation for being slow with luggage and I believe it). Then we caught a shuttle to our parking lot, found our car, while I waited for Tyler to unlock it.
The remote unlock wouldn't work.
"Is this our car?" It was, and the battery was DEAD. Another car was just leaving, and Tyler, by a stroke of inspiration, had put jumper cables in the car before we left. So we got it jumped, paid for parking and went on our way.
Jaren was asleep within 2 minutes.
The oil pressure light started flashing - but we just got the car serviced - and Kaden REALLY needed to go potty. So we pull over, turn the car off to see if the light doesn't come back on, and of course it doesn't start. So I took Kaden potty, Tyler checked the oil, and as we walked back out to the car we pass three limo drivers yelling and swearing at each other in the parking lot.
Kaden is enthralled.
I say "let's get in the car."
Tyler asks one of them if they can jump our car.
We get to hear about all of the drama.
Kaden eats a granola bar, and is also asleep within a few minutes.
It is GOOD to be home.
A light had been left on in the car, just above Jaren's seat. I'm assuming someone bumped it, and since we parked it in the afternoon, we couldn't tell that it was on.
Back at home - getting into mischief. And Jaren is starting to climb everything. In a 10-day time period, Jaren got three teeth. No wonder he was so cranky all the time. I just attributed it to getting back on a schedule after being gone for Christmas. Now he is back to his normal self!
Here is Kaden's version of 'Ring Around the Rosy':
"Ring - a - roundsy
ring - a - roundsy
paco-paco
all fall down!"
Have a good week!
6 comments:
Oh man, what a nightmare getting home! I'm glad you made it finally. Maybe that just makes you appreciate home more :) On the other hand, sounds like a fun trip. The Rexburg temple looks beautiful!
Wow, what a trip! I'm glad you had a great time with your family and friends in Idaho. I hope the boys don't miss the snow too much.
Glad you survived the tramatic trip home. I wondered why the phone call was so late! We loved having you here and it was way too short, but very sweet. Thanks for being there for Michelle and Eron's wedding-it was a very special day with everyone.
Congratulations Michelle!! I'm so happy for her! She looked abslutely beautiful. Tell her congrats for me! They got married in Logan, right? How wonderful for her! I'm glad you survived your trip home...sort of kills any desire I had to EVER fly with kids! :-)
Oh, I'm so sorry about your flight! Seriously, I bet you are scarred now. I would rather drive the 12 hours to WA than fly with my kids. Other than that it sounds like you had a great trip spending time with family. I so want to see the Rexburg temple. It looks so beautiful sitting there up on the hill. For some reason it reminds me of the Nauvoo Temple. I looked at that link and it has a beautiful interior.
Your life sounds about as crazy as mine. Once a woman at Target scrutinized my "load" of kids in the cart and said, "Wow, you sure have your hands full", to which I replied, "Better full than empty." As hard as it is to deal with pukey kids and tantrums, would you ever trade it for a thing in the world? I didn't think so.
I like kaden's version of the Ring around the Rosy. I love hearing little kids sing and all the words they leave out and syllables they add. Glad we could see you for a little while. We better coordinate ourselves this summer to be home at the same time.
Post a Comment