1.28.2008

a winter storm - kind of!

We woke up to snow this morning. Which was really exciting for me! It's ridiculous here when it snows though. EVERYTHING gets canceled, even for 2" of snow. School, some people can't get to work, and in the news they say, "if you don't have to go anywhere, don't!" It's just funny to me, coming from Idaho, where you have snow on the ground for 6 months out of the year. And the roads are almost always snow packed and slick. You just learn and deal with it. I don't think it happens often enough here though, so everyone is skittish about driving. And there are some KILLER steep hills - lots of them.

So since our visiting teaching was canceled, we just went outside and played. Unfortunately, Tyler still had to go to work. So we built a mini snowman and threw snowballs while Jaren tripped over his boots and face planted in the snow, A LOT. He was a trooper though. Just being outside was enough for him.

My little Rosemary plant is still green! I should have put some lights on it for Christmas!





I think I have a little chef on my hands - I either have to be holding him so he can see or he cries and whines when I cook anything. My solution? I'm happy, he's happy, and I never stray too far from him, so no worries.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Isn't it so funny here in Seattle how everything shuts down when there is hardly any snow. I laugh everytime! It was nice when I was working though because school was always cancelled. Looks like your boys had fun playing in the snow. I can't wait until Braden can play in the snow next year. For now we are just getting over our first cold.

Brianne said...

I lived in Utah for 4 years and drove in the snow just fine, which is when I truly realized why things shut down here. The reason it's so bad here, besides the hills, is that we don't have the number of plows, de-icers, salt trucks, etc. Oh well. I guess it's that way b/c there are some winters when we get zero snow. I'm glad you guys got to go out and play in the snow. We just stayed inside b/c Kaylin doesn't own shoes! :-)

Meghan said...

Looks like a fun day! What a good Momma taking her boys outside to play in the snow!

The Two of Us said...

Oh how fun....wish you were here and we could have all went sledding!!!

Ben said...

Glad you guys got a dose of snow. Especially Tyler, poor guy, growing up in snow country. I love Kaden's little snowman. I think we'll be able to advance to that kind of snow architecture next winter. Evelyn's just gotten how to build a snowball down. But it just keeps snowing here...and snowing...and snowing. We may be able to get the snowman down yet. On another note, Jilly's cutting her molars. Glad Jaren's gotten over it, it's no fun!

Catherine said...

you might want to watch the knives sittig next to him on the counter... lol. Kevin brought me a steak knife just the other day!

Anonymous said...

Glad Kaden was able to build a snowman. Wish he could have played in the snow while here-it's really piling up! What a precious little chef's assistant! He can sit on my counter anytime! I just printed some of the Nov. pictures last night-so cute, now I just need to find time to scrapbook.

Trevor and Amy said...

What a cute blog! I love being able to stay updated on everyone's lives. It looks like you guys are doing good! We are sorry we missed you while you were in Utah. Your kids are growing so dang fast! We'll have to meet up out camping!