12.11.2007

busy busy

I don't hate the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I like to be busy, doing things, so I don't get lazy and fat. But it would be nice to have one, maybe two evenings every week where Tyler and I could just BOTH stay home and relax with the kids. Work and our church callings, along with getting all of our shopping done are the reasons we are busy busy.



Jaren has been busy learning how to give 'high-five's', hiding my hot pads and Tupperware lids anywhere that he can get them that I can't (like under the fridge and the stove. along with all those dust-bunnies -yikes), and following his big brother around everywhere. And walking to the pantry, putting his hand in the air and saying, "uh uh." Kids figure things out so fast!

Kaden is busy playing with Jaren's new toys. Maybe Jaren isn't quite old enough for them yet...oh well. Kaden did go to nursery last week, but not without incident. He is moving up to Sunbeams come the new year, so I think he has been boycotting nursery. Maybe it's just too much, too long, and he's too old. I'm hoping once he goes to primary it won't be such a fight. (He never did have a problem going to nursery. except for the last couple of weeks. he's just ready to move on).
Tyler and I got to dress up and go to his work Christmas party last weekend. That was fun! They held it at the Future of Flight museum next to Boeing's large assembly plant. In fact, where they are building the new 787 (if any of you care about that). The museum was very neat, the food was delicious, and the crowd was a little, uhh, too happy (?) with all the drinks going around. Just a different atmosphere than what I am used to. Needless to say, we didn't stay very late. I found out that EVERYONE (at least those that I talked to) love Tyler. :) It makes me happy that he is well-liked at work, not that he wouldn't be, of course (although he won't admit it). Must be the red hair.


I almost contemplated NOT putting up a tree this year. Jaren de-ornamented the Christmas tree at the church (OK, maybe only the bottom 2.5 feet), but I was not looking forward to it. Due to time and space constraints in our apartment, we opted to just put up our little 4' tall artificial tree. It sits on an end table which keeps it just out of reach of little hands. And it fits proportionately in the front room. When the only lights on in the room are from the Christmas tree, it is beautiful. Especially with the smell of a cinnamon candle burning.
(sorry for no spaces between the paragraphs. formatting is not working)

6 comments:

shaunie said...

I'm not as busy as you, but Ben will be ready to relax. He's going to be awake for most of the night tonight, just like last night, and the night before. We put up our little tree too, for the same reasons as you. I just didn't want to police a big tree 12 hours a day.

The Two of Us said...

Life is sooo crazy for us too right now! Enjoy it though...it's almost over. Sad:(

Em and Ms said...

I know exactly what you mean about wanting an evening at home together. This week is worse than ever! But I'm hoping everything will be done by next week when I fly up to Pasco so we can just relax there and enjoy our families.

Kari said...

Cute tree, Zachary and I opted to not even put one up for the sake of space, kinda sad...Luckily things will probably be slowing down for you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

It's fun to see familiar ornaments on your tree-thanks for keeping the tradition going. I'm always out of my comfort zone at Lennox dealer functions, but the food is usually very good!

Ben said...

Tyler, when I was EQP my favorite verb suddenly became 'to delegate' not sure why but it just seemed to slip into my vocab and get used a lot. You should check into it, it might be your favorite too and you just don't know it. Really I'm just trying to get you guys to stay at the in-laws longer so we can see you and give Ryan a super-wedgie.