I'm surprised at how clean he stayed. Once all the cool whip was gone, he didn't know what to do. We had to cut up the cupcake so he would eat it.
Jaren's birthday is this week! His first birthday. We celebrated on Sunday because my parents were visiting, and it's much more fun to celebrate with more people here. He thoroughly enjoyed his cake and ice cream, and he would be able to enjoy his presents if Kaden wasn't taking them away all the time! I knew that would happen though, so once the 'new-ness' wears off, hopefully Jaren will get to play with them. We have one more present for him to open up on his actual birthday, too (from Grandma Martinsen).
Doesn't he look SO excited? I hope his birthday was more fun for him than the moment this picture was taken.
6 comments:
He is getting so big! I love to watch kids on their first birthday:)
Happy 1st Birthday Jaren! Hope you have a fantastic day. It's hard to believe you are a year old already. You are the cutest little toddler!
Love Grandpa & Grandma Martinsen
sorry about "anonymous said.." I couldn't find the other box I filled in before to comment since I'm not a Google/Blogger
Happy Birthday Jaren! I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen you guys...:-( Sometimes Rexburg seems like a lifetime ago. Do you remember Evan's 1st b-day? You were there, weren't you? He cried at his cake...screamed, really. So traumatic.
I don't think kids get birthdays until they're two. Jillian just stared around like Jaren at her birthday. They only lasting effect it had on her was her discovery of candles. When we have them lit now, she always wants to blow them out.
It's so fun to watch kids eat their cake on their first birthday! I love it...he's soooo cute!
Post a Comment