10.16.2007

sunny days drifting away...

We had beautiful weather Saturday and Sunday. We played outside as much as we could before it got cold and rainy. The fall leaves are a nice change from the sea of green that is here year-round. And now it's cool and rainy. Change is good, though.


"Look, Mom!" Jaren takes any chance he can get to play in the dirt.

Looks like he tried to sample some.

So this is just a cute picture. I love his cheesy, eyes-shut-so-tight face!


Monday we had a surprise visit from Tyler's cousin's family from Wyoming. They have some friends that recently moved up here that they came to visit, then remembered that we live up here too! It was so great to see them. We went to a garden center that has a pumpkin patch with the whole nine yards. Hay rides, bouncy houses, train rides, pumpkins, concession stand, a sweet old lady reading stories....all for free (except the pumpkins). Kaden was loving all the tractors to look at, and would have taken home about 20 pumpkins if I let him. We only brought one home because I want Tyler to go with us another day to pick out some more.
So, like every other picture of me, I'm talking in this picture. (I'm always trying to get both boys to look before someone takes the picture.) Tyler's cousin took the picture, her husband is in the center, and their friend is on the right.

Hmm..this one passes the 'stand on it' test. Typical boy trying to climb and jump on anything and everything.

6 comments:

Kari said...

What a darling pumpkin patch! I love that last photo of all the pumpkins in the field. Good thing Kaden puts those pumpkins to the test, you can't just pick any one!

Ben said...

The "stand on it" test...how funny. And Kaden's squishy face picture looks just like Tyler! All babies are drawn to dirt, I don't know why. Jilly looks like Jaren in the dirt picture, except her is with bark chips all around her mouth. She loves to eat them. Ben and I were just talking about how you are always doing fun things outside, which is great. I need to go find a pumpkin patch...

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

The colors in the pumpkin patch pictures are so cool! Kaden and Jaren are so cute and are getting so big! I am so glad you are doing this blog it is so fun to watch them grow. (Could I use "so" more often?)

The Two of Us said...

I love the pumpkin patch! I wish we all lived by eachother and could go do all this fun stuff together!

Anonymous said...

I could hardly wait for this blog. What fun pictures. I'm looking forward to Christmas so I can hug those cute boys. All of them! I was thrilled that Brooke and Ilda found you and got to spend some time with you. The pumpkin patch is awesome-what a blast!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous you have such a fun pumpkin patch close by! I think my dad planted pumpkins this year, but that's about as close as we come to a pumpkin patch here in WYO! The "stand on in" test is Evan's favorite...except he usually decides to try it out on the things that fail the test! :-)