10.08.2007

watching conference

Watching conference with Kaden. We don't normally have the couch right there, but when you don't have a TV, the internet is the only option. So we pulled the couch into the kitchen and lounged while listening. (Also in the picture, a new-for-me but used table I found on craiglist. I love it. I don't love the linoleum.)

The last time we went to the park, Kaden started collecting leaves. He wanted to put them in a jar with water. I didn't put the water in. But, it does look fall-ish, even if it's not the prettiest arrangement. It's the thought that counts, right?

We really enjoyed conference. We watched it with good friends and good food. I learned how to can grapes for juice, which was so easy. I love listening to conference and feeling the love the leaders of the church have for us. It motivates me to be better, and to do better.

8 comments:

shaunie said...

So what internet site did you watch conference through? I need to know for next time - I doubt we'll get cable to see anything on TV. The other problem in Utah is that they don't broadcast it to the chapels, because they show it on PBS and NBC here. I thought that was so strange when we first moved here. The new table looks nice! and the linoleum doesn't look terrible, at least not in the picture.

shaunie said...

And how good of you to let Kaden decorate for fall. :)

The Mothership said...

if you go to lds.org, they broadcast it through byu.tv online. it was pretty good; the signal only got choppy once or twice. It was really easy. Call me if you need help next time!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Hey my table looks like that and I love how it matches my hickory cabinets...except that we're getting ready to buy a new one because our family is getting too big!

Robinson said...

Isn't it crazy how convenient it is to watch conference from home now? I really enjoyed waking up at 8:45 to roll out of bed & watch the morning session in pj's. David and I both enjoyed Kaden's fall leaves arrangement and wished we could have such artistic hands to help decorate our apartment!

The Two of Us said...

Hey...I have the same table!!! I love it.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Conference was awesome wasn't it? And I adore your new table. It was the first thing I noticed.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new dining room set. It's fun to pick out new things for your home. The fall arrangement is special, too. Your home theater system is unique!