Thursday morning while Kaden was watching Brother Bear and Jaren was asleep I finally got the motivation. Here is the end product. Not too shabby, huh? I love how the stain brings out the look of the wood.
On Saturday we went on a hike with other members of the ward. A guy in the ward organizes monthly hikes during the summers, so we're hoping to hike 50 miles over the summer! This hike was to Barclay Lake on the Stevens Pass highway. (sorry I look like a marshmallow in this picture)
I carried Kaden in probably half of the way, so for about a mile. He wasn't too heavy, but it felt like I had two sticks pushing into my back from the pack. It was really old-school, and we had just borrowed it from another family. I am definitely feeling it today!
At the destination! The lake was small, and it was cold there. I hope to go back this summer when it's a little warmer and we can relax and play in the water for a few hours before hiking back out. The boys did pretty good. Kaden had to be carried the whole way out, and Jaren started screaming 50 yards before we got to the trailhead. All in all, I'd say it was a successful!
I am looking forward to a relaxing, wait, a less-stressful week. And we are excited to drive to the farm this weekend and see family!
5 comments:
What an adventurous week you had! That is really neat that a guy organizes monthly hikes! YOu guys will sure be fit after those 50 miles this summer!
Seeing all the trees and foliage makes me miss home! We hike in the mountains often here in Utah, but it's pretty barren compared to Washington. Looks like you had lots of fun! I need one of those packs!
Fun stuff-maybe the boys will last longer next time! Hope it will be warmer next month (and not rainy!)
I love being outdoors! I got this new jogger and I have been running....I haven't ran since high school 6 years ago! It feels so good to get out!! Me and Brooks plan on going on some hikes this summer!
Oh, I miss hiking! We miss hike-able places SO badly.
Post a Comment