Breakfast Upside Down Cake from allrecipes.com
3 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced (I used two and it was plenty)
1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
10 slices of bacon (or half of a package)
4-5 eggs
1 tsp milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
parchment/wax paper
Cook the bacon in a pan until crisp. Set aside to cool. Drain drippings, leaving just enough to fry the potatoes with. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put potatoes, bell pepper, garlic and onion in a pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Line the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper(I tried to use tinfoil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Use the parchment paper!) Grate cheese into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly. Crumble bacon on top of the cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. When potatoes are tender, put on top of bacon. Pour eggs over the potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the outer edge. Flip onto a serving plate and remove parchment paper.
We have breakfast for dinner a lot of times because it's our favorite meal, and we don't get to have them in the morning very often! This is yummy!
Chicken Pot Pie
1 can chicken broth(14.5 oz)
1 chicken bullion cube
3 cups mixed vegetables (more or less, do you like lots of veggies?)
1/4 cup diced onion
Put these ingredients in a pan to cook until veggies are almost tender.
2 chicken breasts, thawedBoil, grill, how-ever-you-want-to some chicken. I use my George Foreman, season with some poultry seasoning or salt.
Meanwhile, prepare biscuits. You can use prepared fridge biscuits if you have them and are short on time. I use my mom's Cloud Biscuit recipe. They are so easy and yummy!
2 cups sifted flour
1 T sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening (butter flavor is best)
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk
Mix together dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until coarse crumbs form. Mix egg and milk together in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients, mixing with a large spoon. Put onto lightly floured surface (try whole wheat flour, it's good!) and knead for 30 seconds. Roll to 3/4" thickness. Cut using whatever you want, cookie cutters, biscuit cutters, etc. I use a pizza cutter and just cut them into squares.
When the chicken is done, chop/shred and add to the veggies. *Then add about 1 Tablespoon of flour to thicken.*(I forgot to put this in the first time I posted it) When veggies are tender, pour into an 8" square baking dish. Place biscuits on top and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until the biscuits are browned. For the leftover biscuits that don't fit, bake them on an ungreased pan at 450 for 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
Santa Fe Chicken
1 large chopped onion
1 T butter/margarine
1 and 1/4 cup of chicken broth OR 1 and 1/4 cup water with 2 bouillon cubes
1 cup salsa
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/8 tsp garlic powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed and cut into two or three pieces
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
chopped fresh cilantro or parsley to garnish, optional
In a large skillet with a lid, saute onion in butter until tender. Add broth and salsa. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and garlic powder. Place chicken on top of rice and cover. Turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn chicken over. Cook 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish if you want to! Makes 4 servings. (P.S. The leftover rice is SO yummy in quesadillas!)
Enjoy!
4 comments:
Thanks Nicole...yummy, I can't wait to try all these out!
I'm so glad you put these on the blog! I'm always looking for new recipes to try, but it's nice to know they are good BEFORE we try them! Thanks!
yeah! i need to post mine soon. heidi is such a doll to get this started! can't wait to try these out.
Hi nicole, thanks for the nice comments. See its so fun to meet new friends blogging! I love it. I am so glad you did Heidi's recipe exchange. Isn't that the best idea ever. I just love Heidi...she is really one of my favorite people. Lucky you that you get to be her cousin!
Post a Comment