5.31.2007

our weekend!


It was so nice to get away for Memorial weekend. So nice to be out of the city. So nice to be with family. So nice to see Kaden jump up and down and say, "YEA!" everytime he was going to go for a "tactor yide". It was so fun to see Kaden's face, wearing his New Holland hat and watching the new calves that just arrived on the farm. He looked like he was figuring out each one of them. To see his scared face when his hat fell into the pen was hilarious! Tyler quickly retreived it, but not before Kaden was upset that the calves were going to eat his hat!

It was funny that the only naps (plural because they were so short) that Kaden took on Saturday were in the swathers. Every farm kid that has ever ridden in one has probably fallen asleep at least once. I know I used to get so tired staring at the parts of the header spinning around and cutting the hay. I probably even fell asleep. A lot.
Kaden and Evelyn had so much fun chasing each other around. I'm only sorry that Evelyn was the one to get her fingers smashed, or wrestled down, only because she was smaller and Kaden was taking advantage of her! I hope she will be able to give Kaden some of his own medicine soon and see how he likes it.
I didn't really do much over the weekend. I just stayed around the house and played with the babies. We had English food for a Sunday dinner. Roast, boiled potatoes, yorkshire pudding, vegetables, and trifle for dessert! YUMMY! Then crab salad and mud pie for Shaunie's birthday on Monday. It was a delicious food weekend!
The only downside of the weekend? TRAFFIC! I HATE Seattle traffic!! A drive that should have taken 4 hours at the most, took us 6 hours. And it wasn't in the city. It only took us 90 minutes to get to Snoqualamie Pass, and THEN we hit the traffic that was backed up because of accidents...for 30 MILES. OUCH. The return trip was a little less traffic-y, and it only took us four and a half hours. The horrendous traffic was worth it.
I wish I could have taken more pictures of Kaden loving all the 'tactor yides' and 'feed cows - mama's hay'. He loved being outside, following Daddy and Grandpa around. But now it's back to the city, where Kaden only has boring old mom to play with. Thank goodness for the park, and our little garden patch where he can dig in the dirt!

4 comments:

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

It sounds like you had SO much fun and I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of all your cute kids together! And yes, Kaden is so much bigger than Jillian!!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Whoops......I just realized I put the wrong name in there?! I meant to say Jaren is so much bigger than Jillian!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun-filled weekend! I love being able to go home and just "hang-out" and be lazy with family! Can I get you and Tylers address to send you a wedding invitation, thanks!

Ben said...

That's a really good picture of those two! the one's we took right before we left didn't turn out that great. I'll have to email you those and vice-versa!