here are some of the glamorous (and not so glamorous) reasons and things I am grateful for because I am a mom:
I get ketchupy, sticky, and slobbery face kisses every day.
Coloring on the sidewalk with chalk.
Singing songs and telling stories, reading books, blowing bubbles and running down the road to the park.
Helping Kaden go to the potty (uhh...not so glamorous).
Holding a sleeping, peaceful baby in my arms.
Wrestling and tickling Kaden, and him trying to tickle me!
Hearing Jaren laugh. I just love it. And seeing his dimples, both of them! The way his eyes are almost closed when he smiles and laughs because his cheeks are so chubby.
The happiness and surprise on Kaden's face when I tell him we are going to the zoo tomorrow (I can't wait!).
Hearing Kaden laugh at Brother Bear (the movie). Hearing him laugh at me or Tyler when we do something silly.
I get to do LOTS of laundry...especially on days when Kaden decides that underwear is for peeing in.
Watching Kaden play in the garden, and almost killing my plants. Oh wait, he ran over, pulled up, and ripped apart the ONLY zucchini plant that was growing outside. That's okay though. I started five more in a pot and hopefully they will make it.
There are a lot more reasons that I love being a mom. I could take all day and list them. But I have other things to do (don't we all?), so I better stop. I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!
3 comments:
Amen! I love the "ketchupy, sticky, and slobery face kisses" I can relate!! Isn't being a mom the BEST!?! I found you by way of Emily Anne ... I'm a blogosphere surfer! Thanks for a GREAT post!
Yeah, Mother's Day...I love Mother's Day! I hope you had a great one and thanks for wishing us all a great one too via your post! Being a mom is spectacular!
So true! Isn't it fun having a potty training/trained toddler! Evan only knows how to give slobbery kisses-they are the best!
Post a Comment