4.16.2007
My Current Worry
So I've been thinking the past week or so, how scary/hard, yet exciting it will be to have Kaden start school in two years. I know, two years away is still quite a while. Anyway, it all started when he was watching a movie called "Gentle Ben," based on a children's novel. I didn't realize until this last week that the actors say "sex" twice in one scene. It scared me! I told Tyler about it later and he said, "He'll be exposed to a lot more than that during his first year of school." Way to comfort a scared mama!! All the violence in schools, especially the one in Virginia that just happened today, and the crude language...but I am all for public schools, and supporting them, because I don't think I want to home school. Anyway, what do you all think about schools? I just want to protect my kids, but they have to learn what the world is like in order to NOT be like the world I guess. Let me know your thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My friend Kate just wrote a post about a movie they went to that was not good and there was 9 year olds yelling "Take it off!". I was disturbed to say the least! Some of those boys were probably baptized the year before! My friend Anne is a school teacher and she left a comment saying, "President Hinckley is down with the latest lingo, so we should be too. We should know all that the world has to offer (good and bad) so that we can be prepared for our kids. We have to know what they are listening to and where they are!" I don't even know how you do that, but I'll sure try!
We were just talking about this today too. Its scary...someone told me that one of the authorities(I dont know when) said that we all need to support or schools until we are advised not to. I think we need to trust in Lord and have faith and it will all work out.
The world outside isn't getting better, and won't according to Elder Packer. The only environment we have control of is our homes. And wherever our children are outside, they need home as a pure and virtuous refuge, where they feel safe. What they carry with them outside that will protect them are the teachings of the gospel, taught from the home. And as moms, it's part of our huge responsibility to do these things!
It is very scary and with putting Lexi in preschool she will come home with "new" words some of the kids say and she will always ask me "is that a bad word" and so i totally know how you feel and i guess in the end we can only teach our children everything they need to know so that when they are old enough to go their own way in life they can at least look back and remember everything we taught them!
Post a Comment