4.15.2007

Tiptoe through the tulips...


We had a fun weekend. I can't believe how fast they go by. Travis and Camille came up this weekend to visit. We went shopping at the outlet mall, which Tyler and Travis just LOVED (but they won't admit it). Then we drove up to see the tulips, which the boys also enjoyed. I hope they had fun. Camille and I did. It was so pretty with all the flowers, as far as you could see, just tulips.

Our little family...

I found a random orange tulip in all the white ones.
It reminded me of the MormonAd "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful."



Kaden's best friends yesterday were "Travis" and "Mille." It was so cute how he said it. The 'i' in Travis's name was almost like an 'e', how he says Rick's name. It was pretty funny. Mom or Dad couldn't hold Kaden, Travis had to.


Granite Falls, which is about 20 minutes away from our house was the highlight of the day for the guys. Camille and I just stayed home and "gossipped" as Tyler would say.

Last night we got Teriyaki for dinner. The dinner came with chopsticks, so Tyler and I were trying them out. We weren't very good. Kaden noticed, and thought it would be pretty cool to eat with sticks. He just ended up playing the drums on his plate.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Trav & Camille said...

Oh...we love you guys!!! We had so much fun! Thanks for everything!

Emily Anne said...

Oh my Lovely! My wedding boquet was just a bunch of tulips, so I am understandably fond of them. Where is this tulip farm? I just wandered over to your blog through links and was so delighted to find such beautiful, springy pictures. Thanks!
this comment will link you to a really old blog, but just in case you want to see who this commenting stranger is...visit me at www.emilyanne.net.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Oh i'm so jealous i wish i could have came!! Camille said they had soo much fun and the tulips are goregeous....did they let you pick any?! it sounded like a great weekend!

The Mothership said...

These tulips are part of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival (in WA). There were workers harvesting the tulips in great big bunches, and other random people just plucking them up. I don't think they were supposed to be doing that...oh well! Then you could go to some farmer's market stands and buy them by the bunch for $5 or so.

Ben said...

Wow, in that first picture it's tulips as far as the eye can see! I'm glad you had fun this weekend!