6.16.2014

Clayton had a birthday.

 This little man turned five a few weeks ago. Still can't believe it! 

In the weeks leading up to his birthday, he said that he didn't want anyone coming over. Nor did he want anyone singing him happy birthday because he didn't want everyone looking at him and smiling. Apparently, he does not like being the center of attention. 

 He also asked for a cake with multiple layers. A big one. We didn't need that much cake. I didn't want to eat leftover cake for days, either. So I used an 8" layer, a jumbo cupcake, a regular size cupcake, and a mini cupcake. Tyler's first words, "It looks like a wedding cake."  Urgh. Not exactly the look I was going for, but apparently I need to start my own cake business. :) ha!

 He actually let us sing happy birthday to him, but towards the end of the song he started getting his weird "I'm embarrassed" face. 

He has been doing so well going to Primary, but any time that we go do a new thing, or something that we haven't done for a while, he completely shuts down and refuses to participate. Baby steps, baby steps. I'm hoping by the time Kindergarten rolls around in the fall, he will be able to handle school and all the newness it brings.

He is definitely ready for school. I know he will be just fine in the academic area. Helping him learn how to talk to the other kids will be the biggest challenge. I will have to get lots of play dates lined up with other kindergartners this summer so he will have friends in school next year.

Devon had fun on Clayton's birthday, too!  

No comments: