First day of preschool!
Sept 10 2013
Clayton was excited to go when we were taking pictures. Preschool is at my neighbor's house, a block away. The closer we got to her house, the more anxious he became. He spent all of play time (30 min) outside, saying things like: "can we go home?" "I just want to stay home, Mom" "I don't want to go to preschool". He finally ran off to play right as it was time to clean up. After preschool was over, he was so happy and we talked about going back the next day, which I was teaching. He said, "I won't be scared, Mom!!" In a voice that said, "Duh! I'll be fine!" And I know he will be. He has had fun.
Devon had just woken up from a nap, so that's why he is grumpy next to Clayton. Preschool starts at 9:30. By 8 am, Devon has been awake for two hours and is ready for a nap. I guess the good thing about him waking up at 6 am is that he gets a little nap in, compared to him not getting one at all until 12:30.
Seattle broke heat records today. It hit 95 in Marysville. Kaden and Jaren stripped down to their shorts as soon as they got home. I feel bad that they are in a hot bus and school while it is so warm outside. Jaren was snuggling (in this heat...ugh) with me and said, "Mom, the bus always smells like rotten cookie dough. And today it was even badder!!" Oh dear, I think I know the proper term for that smell, but we're not going there yet. :) Poor kids.
It's supposed to cool down a bit over the next few days, which will be nice. I love seeing Devon and Clayton drinking out of the sprinkler, so I'm sure we will be getting it out again tomorrow. Hanging on to summer!
p.s. I have been getting a lot of anonymous spam comments, so I've changed the comment form. You will have to sign in to a Google account in order to leave a comment. Sorry about that. Hopefully this will keep the spammers at bay.
p.s. I have been getting a lot of anonymous spam comments, so I've changed the comment form. You will have to sign in to a Google account in order to leave a comment. Sorry about that. Hopefully this will keep the spammers at bay.
3 comments:
I know what you mean about the spammers. They are annoying. So hanging on to summer over here too! I can't believe how big your boys are! time flies!
What a big boy!
Reminds me of the Lava kiddie pool when Devon kept wanting to drink the water. That was so much fun!
Post a Comment