We went for a short hike to Boardman Lake in the morning.
The weather was really nice and the forest was beautiful.
Kaden wanted to hold my hand.
I'm sure he will grow out of that within the next few years, so I'll enjoy it while I can.
Crossing the log jam "bridge" to hike the trail around the lake. This is when we encountered the hordes of gnats. They weren't biting, but they were very friendly.
Out on this rock, right next to the lake, they weren't bothering us when the breeze was blowing.
But once it stopped we were attacked again.
Can you see them? Ick. Devon was a trooper putting up with them flying around.
He saw the water and went CRAZY! So I let him splash just a little bit.
He would have gone swimming if I put him down.
Clayton found a good seat away from the bugs in this tree. Wearing his favorite shirt, too. Very fitting!
Our evening consisted of a barbecue with friends, eating ice cream out of a gutter, water balloon launching, touring the fire truck after the neighbors set the retention pond on fire, and watching fireworks. We were exhausted by the time we got home, but it was a fun day celebrating America!









No comments:
Post a Comment