11.11.2011

piggy bank

Clayton fell asleep in the truck last night on our way to run errands after a napless afternoon. So Jaren and I hung out with him while Tyler and Kaden went into a store.

We talked about a bunch of random things that Jaren always brings up. Conversations with him always keep me scrambling for the right answer. Like what happens to people after they die, do they have to cut their spirit out so that it can go to heaven, how deep do they dig the hole at the cemetary, etc. He talks about some deep, serious stuff!

At one point, he asked me what would happen if he broke the steering wheel off. I told him that he would have to be pretty strong to do that, and we'd have to take the truck in to get fixed. He replied, "Where would I have to go?" He was probably thinking that I would tell him "To jail." Haha. I just said, "To your room. And you'd have to pay to fix it with all the money in your piggy bank." Then he said, "Noo! Because then, I wouldn't have any money....for my....mission!"

Right answer, kiddo.

4 comments:

Grandma M said...

Sweet! You are raising some pretty special and smart boys!

shaunie said...

Both my girls get on deep tangents too, and I can tell they get worried, but I'm glad they're serious thinkers. I hope it bodes well for when they're teenagers and have to make tough decisions in not following the crowd.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, I can't stop smiling just thinking about it!

Jenny-Jenny said...

4 and a 1/2 going on apostle!