8.30.2011

two weeks

Our last two weeks of summer vacation have been so fun. I'm not looking forward to school starting. Summer was short enough with school getting out so late in June, but the weather just started getting nice! And now Kaden has to go to school all day. It makes me sad. He told me today, "Mom, when I'm at school all day, I won't be here to help you make lunch!" Yep. I know. Tears...I'll miss my big boy around the house, but I know he will have so much fun in 1st grade.

 We've been sleeping in...
 Jaren is in here somewhere...I promise!

We finally got the tent out for the boys to sleep in the backyard. It took them almost two hours to settle down. We're catching up on sleep so they can have another night out there this weekend. :)

  Kaden has been in charge of the "making stuff" department. Seriously, this kid is so creative. He takes a box, and makes a boat out of it. Motors, paddles, tow ropes, you name it, he's got it. His latest thing is a "navy ship" out of an old scrap of wood with nails, tape, and cardboard. It even has enough room for his toy airplanes to land on it.


 We went and played in the water for the first time this summer. Sad, huh? It really hasn't been warm enough until this last week for me to even think about it. They loved it.

 We're getting a swingset with a tower. Hooray! We're all so excited. Friday had better hurry up and get here!

And today, we visited the Reptile Zoo. It was awesome. Jaren and Kaden both held the snake but Clayton didn't want to until we were leaving. Of course! As soon as he can't have it, he wants it.

4 comments:

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

busy busy and yes it is sad school is starting just as it is getting nice.

Eve said...

Always makes me sad to see summer end!

Grandma M said...

How ceative and clever-so much fun just being boys! Don't know about holding the snake though! Have a good time in 1st grade Kaden.

shaunie said...

We're enjoying the last lazy days of summer too. I'm looking forward to the routine school will bring again at this point, but that's probably going to wear off in about a week. :) I noticed Kaden's box creativity when we were out there, pretty complex stuff!