4.10.2011

dirt + rain = muddiness

The dirt mountain to fill in our raised beds. We ordered 8 yards of topsoil. The lady on the phone, "That's a lot of topsoil for raised beds!" Yep. It is. Was. We were able to get it out of our driveway by the next afternoon - and it was the perfect amount of soil.

 I was expecting the mound to be a lot bigger, so I was thinking, "that's really not that much dirt." Huh. Funny how shoveling it into wheelbarrows for three hours makes you realize that it is in fact, a LOT of dirt. Ouch. I slept GOOD that night.
The boys were all gung-ho to get started. I think their favorite part was seeing the truck deliver it. Once that was over, Kaden lost interest and Clayton just wanted to splash in the puddles in the street. Jaren was the only one that stayed outside with us for the few hours that we spent on Friday. We were all covered in mud and soaked through. That was the only weekend that we could do it this month, so we ended up doing it in the rain. 

I will get some pictures of the finished product if it ever stops raining long enough. I love Seattle. 
I'm just over the soggy ground and soggy skies.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, that's alot of work...I hope you and Tyler give good back massages :) Can't wait to see the finished product.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

way to go guys! we really need to get going on ours too!

shaunie said...

Hopefully we can see your gardens this summer.

Eve said...

We were very impressed how fast you guys moved that dirt out of the driveway. And that you got it all done in the rain!