Tyler went on a scout camp out last weekend up to Fire Mountain. His new calling in our church is with the 12 and 13 year old boys. Which means lots of campouts and scouting related activities. So while he was gone, Kaden and Jaren packed clothes and other random necessities into backpacks and said they were "scouting". The place they were scouting at was my bedroom closet. I guess it's kind of like a cave?? Anyway. I was telling Tyler when he got home from camping what the boys were doing. And I said, "When you had to go to meetings all the time, they dressed up in their church clothes and went to meetings. Now that you are in scouts, they pretend to go scouting? Why do they only copy you?" Of course, I was saying all this with a smile on my face, because I think it's funny.
And then later, Tyler brought up the fact that they DO copy me:
Whenever I cook or bake, Jaren grabs my apron out of the closet and then runs up to his room to grab his and help me. And, whenever I do anything in the yard, they have to wear their 'gardening gloves' and help.
But they are little boys, and little boys love their daddies. Tyler laid down to massage his back that night (since it still bothers him a little bit) and pretty soon, all three boys piled on the bed.
I felt deserted. But then it's time like those that make me smile to see how much they love him. And I get some space to myself. Especially nice after Daddy being gone for a day.
3 comments:
And I have to say "THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart that your family supports their dad/hubby "goin' scouting".
...especially since it means my kiddo has 2 AWESOME leaders to help him figure things out and learn to enjoy scouting!!
:)
Funny. It just shows that I haven't talked to you in a few weeks because we didn't know Tyler had been released. Is that a little relieving? :)
it's not a bad thing for them to want to be like you guys!
i'm always deserted the moment jeromy comes home. kinda stinks and wonderful all at the same time :)
Post a Comment