6.24.2010

one project down...

I started cutting the denim out for this quilt probably 3 years ago. I'm not sure why I stopped, but probably because of the fact that cutting denim squares out of jeans that aren't square was aggravating.

Tyler gave me a kick in the pants (not really) and I took it with me to my moms and finished cutting everything out.
I really like how it turned out! Kaden was a good knot-tyer when I had it on the quilt frame.

So, one project down. Now I can focus on something else!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mom M said...

Turned out way cute! If I ever get mine put together, it will be boring with all squares the same size and no seams in them. You are so clever!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

I agree cutting out square pieces on non-square fabric IS a pain. Remember I told you about my tent bag that I was making out of old jeans. Well...I finished it but I am worried that the tent won't actually fit. Grr. Maybe it can be for something else now. I love the different sized blocks on yours. Great job!

Rach and Clark said...

Awsome quilt! Three years may seem like a long time to have an unfinished project, but at least it's now finished! What are you doing next?

Amanda said...

Ahhh, the exhilaration of finishing a long-worked-on project. Great work!

shaunie said...

Your quilt was much more complicated than the one I made - the cutting out part would have taken me forever too. It looks good!

I told myself last week I can't buy any more fabric until I get some of the older projects done. My list is starting to get ridiculous.

Jaci said...

Love it! Great job, Nicole! I still have my stack of jeans in my fabric stash just waiting and longing to become a loved baseball quilt. Hmmmm, I think you've inspired me! Thanks for sharing!

The Mothership said...

Oh, I'm blushing! Thanks for the compliments. :)

My next projects include mending some clothes for the boys and some fun stuff for me.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

So cute, good job!:) I have one of those unfinished sitting in a box.....someday I'll get mine done too!!