1.17.2010

big news!

trying out the new wagon. thanks grandma!

Big milestones have been made around here last week. BIG, I tell ya!

Kaden lost a tooth. Someone at church today said to him, "you could fit a dump truck in there it's so big!"

I know this isn't a very good picture of the boys, but you can really see the gap of where his tooth used to be. Just click to enlarge the picture if you want to see it close up.

Kaden was a completely different kid at his game yesterday. His hands never went to his pockets, he RAN, and he even shot (and made!) some "shots". He had the biggest smile on his face and was so happy with himself. It warms my heart just to think of it.

Kaden was asked to read a scripture in church today. "Here we go again!" I thought last week when he brought the paper home. He has never actually done what he was assigned to do in Primary. He would act excited, practice, and be ready all week. But when it came time to actually DO it, he would just clam up. This week was different. He kept saying, "I'm not going to be scared, Mom!" And he wasn't! He stood up there like a pro and did a perfect job. And he was even singing in Primary. This is huge for him! I'm so proud of him!


at the children's museum -- see the hole in his mouth?

The children's museum here is free every 3rd Friday. Since we had never been, we decided to check it out. Of course it was VERY busy, but the boys still enjoyed it. I think we may have to go back. Jaren could have stayed in the train section for hours. There were several times I couldn't find him but knew exactly where to look. He was in heaven!



**thanks for all your ideas about toy storage. I'm still trying to decide what to do. Before we buy anything we need to get the room painted - and I know that's not going to happen while I'm flying solo. I'm just trying to survive and keep the house in order from day to day. Trying to do a big project on top of that is just not an option right now. Which is too bad, because I am so over these white walls.

5 comments:

Anna R said...

We love the Children's Museum...we've had a membership for years now. Glad the boys had so much fun!
Answering your question about Nursery. It is quieter because we have half the kids...but I miss those "Sunbeams"...especially Jaren! No more stories to listen to and no sweet grins like his!!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

Hey if you want to paint I can come over and watch the kids for you while you are busy. Oh and BTW aren't you glad there is sunshine outside today!? I totally understand you when you say you are done with the white walls. I am too. Too bad this isn't our house though. bummer. Let me know.

Ben said...

Good job Kaden! Unca' Ben is proud of you. Be good to your Mommy and brothers.

Mom, Grandma M said...

Way to go Kaden! Keep up the great work in basketball and primary-you sure are growing up.
Hang in there Nicole-you are awesome.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

I love it when there teeth start falling out, especially the two front teeth! Get lots of pictures before his "big" boy teeth come in! I look back on the pictures I took of Lexi and they are just too adorable, and now she looks so grown up to me!:(