6.08.2009

one week old

what our little guy is doing at the moment

being a big brother sure is hard work!

he did this all on his own...

"the best part about being a dad to a newborn." -Tyler



One week has already come and gone. I have loved it. Even with all the sleepless nights, I love the atmosphere a new baby brings into our home. They are so fresh from heaven, their skin is so soft and kissable, and it just makes me so happy! I have had to force myself to put him down to get some things done. Now that my sister is here to help, maybe she can do all the work. (just kidding).

Labor and delivery went so smooth and quicker than my previous two. A successful VBAC was the icing on the cake. We were so grateful that Clayton was healthy after finding out there was meconium when they broke my water, had the cord wrapped around his neck twice, and somehow had tangled a figure-8 knot into his cord (which could have completely cut off circulation). So many things that could have been life threatening, but weren't. Clayton is just getting over jaundice. I have not enjoyed the daily dr visits to check his blood. But we are definitely counting our blessings!!

Thank you all for your well wishes. I love reading your comments and knowing that we have so many supportive family and friends out there!

11 comments:

Desiree said...

It sounds like everything went so well, I'm so glad. Scary about all the things that can cause problems during delivery, but glad it went fine. He is so cute, and I love all the hair.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is ADORABLE! And I am loving the hair!! I'm so happy to hear that everything went well...thank goodness! Jaydi had her cord in a big crazy knot too and who knows....we think maybe that's whe she came early?! Enjoy holding him while he's so little because they grow so fast!:) I'm so happy for your cute little boy family...it's ok, Brooks is totally outnumbered too!!

Jenny-Jenny said...

I am so happy for you. I know what you mean about never wanting to put him down. It just feels so good to hold him close, like bring heaven a little closer. Love you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What an adorable, manly little family! I'm so glad everything went so well with the delivery. What a huge blessing!

Amanda said...

I love the pictures. Clayton has so much hair like little Jer. Looks like Kaden knows what to do to be a good big brother.

love ya

Dave and Amber said...

Congrats Tyler and Nichole! We wish you all the best. You have an adorable family.

Love, Dave and Amber

Dani W said...

Congrats again!!! He is so handsome!!! How fun and I hope all continues to run smoothly!

Robinson said...

Congratulations on your newest arrival! Although I had convinced myself to think you were going to have a little girl! So glad to hear that baby Clayton arrived safe and healthy. I love the picture of Kaden reading to the baby!

shaunie said...

Clayton looks very different from Jaren, I think. I can't remember what Kaden looked like at that age. Ben definitely agrees with Tyler!

Niki Lintvedt said...

So cute! It's fun that your boys are such good brothers. Kaden has had practice being a "big brother", and now Jaren gets his chance, too. I'm glad that all went well! When we look at all the possible scenarios, it just reminds us what a wonderful blessing it is when our babies are born healthy. On another note, and definitely a less-important note, I think we have the same couch. Funny... Congratulations to all of you!

Di said...

Congratulatins on a new boy! If your family were a TV show it would be called, My Three Sons. (bad humor, I know)
Yes, Heather is there to help you so dont' feel bad about putting her to work! Ü
What a handsome family you have.