I have been ready to say goodbye to 2008 for more than a few months now. We had a year filled with plenty of challenges - and looking back it was harder than I thought at the time - but we definitely learned to be more patient, humble, and trusting of our Heavenly Father.
One of the things I have been trying to focus more on is simplicity. Not trying to do everything or keep up appearances. So I said 'goodbye' to the crazy blog background and welcomed in the plain old white. (I know, a blog background is pretty trivial.) What else can I simplify? That will be something to think on throughout the year.
Happy 2009!
4 comments:
I understand the need to simplify. With another baby on the way, I am really feeling the urge to make things easier! That is a cute family picture.
Very cute pictures, Nicole! So good to see you guys and those cute litte boys. Simplifying must be the word for 2009 cuz that's what I'm striving for too. My favorite new quote is "Live simply, laugh often, love deeply". I'll feel great if I can accomplish this each day.
Miss you all there. Hope you're well. Thanks for sharing.
Hey, I like that picture under your title! Simplify, good stuff. Check out Elder Haight's conference talk in the November 2000 Ensign. He has some good comments on the subject. The metaphor of vision is also beautifully employed in the same talk.
Love it Nicole. You are just great!
Post a Comment