12.05.2008

jaren is 2!



We opened up presents in the morning before Tyler went to work. Jaren gets so excited about things...he's clapping and saying, "YEAH! YEAH!"



Driving the bus that was fought over the ENTIRE day.

At one point Jaren was pushing it on the ground, and fell/tripped twice and landed on the bus. After the second time, he picked it up and said, "Bus away!" and put it back in the box that it came in. I think he was mad at it. So funny.



Here's the birthday cake. He kept saying, "mommy maked that!" but then just wanted ice cream. He did a great job blowing out the birthday candles though. Thanks to our friends for coming over and helping us celebrate!

In other Jaren news, we are in the throes of potty training. Day four and he has started telling me he has to potty before he actually goes! I know we still have a long way to go, but that's progress!

We love you Jaren and are so happy to have you a part of our family!

7 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Happy Birthday Jaren! That cake is awesome--what a great idea!

Brianne said...

Happy birthday Jaren! I can't believe he's already two! That means that Kaylin is almost two! Great block cake, I bet he loved it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun birthday Jaren. Your mom makes such clever cakes and you did such a great job blowing out the candles!
We loved talking to you.

shaunie said...

I love his excited little face in the first picture! The bus is a cool toy, my ward's nursery has it and it is a coveted toy. His cake is so cool. It looks like there's a lot!

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday Jaren. What a cutie. I love the cake, so creative. I got a kick out of him putting the bus back in the box. Too cute.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Happy Birthday Jaren!! The cake is fantastic--legos and boys just go together. Christmas is going to be so fun at your house--the boys are the perfect age to get excited about Santa.

The Two of Us said...

He is growing up way too fast! Cute Cake!!!