I have tried to follow this counsel from one of our church leaders and contemplate each day how I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life that day. It doesn't always happen, and some days I can't come up with much.
But, today there were a couple incidents that stood out:
-I was five seconds away from being in a major collision. I went to pick Tyler up from work and had both boys with me in the car. I was behind a white pickup, and a blue car was behind me. The pickup stayed in the center lane, and I merged into the left turn lane. Not five seconds later, I hear metal crushing, things exploding, and look in my rear view to see where it was coming from. The blue car rear-ended the pickup that was in front of me. I just breathe a huge sigh of gratitude thinking about how close we were to being involved in that.
-Kaden was pretending his metal Tonka dump truck was a skateboard. One foot on, and one foot off. He hit a bump between the pavers and end'od over the front. Right onto his head. A goose egg on his forehead and road rash on his nose and upper lip. It makes me want to cry just looking at him. And the injury could have been a lot worse! {I was at the weekly youth activity when this happened. I came home and saw him sleeping on the couch, with the lights off. Tyler and Jaren were upstairs. Tyler asked me if I saw Kaden, and I replied I did. He said, "No. You didn't really see him." (WHAT!?! I was officially freaked out at this point) I'm glad our friends were here to help Tyler with the boys while I was gone.}
-The fact that Jaren talks, a lot, for his age. I have thought about this so many times. He can tell me exactly what he wants, and he understands just about everything I ask him to do. He still throws tantrums and stomps his feet and screams daily, and sometimes doesn't listen. But not nearly as bad as his older brother did. Life is so much calmer, easier and fun(!) because we can carry on a conversation and he's only 21 months old. I love it.
Some people may just say that these things are purely "luck" or "coincidence". I don't believe that. I do believe that the Lord directs each one of our lives every day. He is in the details, and knows exactly what is going on in our lives, no matter how trivial it may seem to us. Everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know, and may never know, why.
6 comments:
Thanks for the post. I know that I need to look back on each day and notice how the Lord has blessed my life. Hasn't the weather been gorgeous the past few days! Hope you have been spending lots of time outside.
This is a great post. We all need to look back and be grateful. This could have seemed like an awful day, but instead you focused on the positive side and were grateful. We all need to do that and we'd be a lot happier.
Amen to that...thanks for the post! It makes me think of my life:)
Nicole thank you for this post! I totally believe that God does direct every action that we take. That we are at the right place at the right time becuase he has lead us there.
Nicole, thanks so much for that post. It is really wondrous how the Lord's hand truly touches our lives. Thanks for sharing what so many of us feel but don't always express. I just love reading your blog. ;)
I agree with you, especially on the car crash one...every time something like that happens I say a little prayer of gratitude that nothing happened. "Ingratitude is most offensive to the Lord" is a statement I've heard in talks repeatedly. It's also an easy thing to fall prey to.
Post a Comment