9.18.2008

gems

things like this make it all worth it:

--picking blackberries at the park with Kaden and finding a " 'nake"! It was just a little garter/garden (which one?) snake curled up on a bunch of berries enjoying the sun.

--hearing Jaren say " elk a'leep" when looking at the pictures of Jeff's elk

--Jaren giving one armed hugs and saying "sorry" anytime anyone is sad or upset

--Jaren asking for a 'tiss', 'twinkle twinkle' and 'ax poppy' before bedtime*

--Kaden being excited for preschool; and telling me he got to ring the 'ding-bell'. :) I love the names he comes up with for certain things.

--Kaden sitting in a camp chair, with a fishing pole he got out of the closet telling me he is catching fish "THIS" big. (spreading his arms as far apart as they can go)

Oh I love my boys!



*Ax and Poppy are the characters in the bedtime stories we tell the boys. I started out just telling Kaden random stories one night a few months ago. A few weeks later he kept asking for stories about a cow, like the cows on Grandma's farm, so I decided we had better name him. Kaden came up with Ax. A few days later, Poppy the duck entered the stories. They do everything together. The stories are usually an abbreviated version of what we did during the day (went to the river and threw rocks; or went to a friends house and played)

Yes, I know it's silly, but the boys love it.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Hey I like your blog. We tell Kyleigh princess stories, and the characters are always the same, and the princess seems to do alot of the same things we do too!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I'm smiling to myself as I read your sweet boys comments and anxiously awaiting the day my boy does the same. So sorry about Tyler's back--darn the luck! Hope he is surviving and not in much pain.

shaunie said...

Your Ax and Poppy stories remind me of Beatrix Potter's stories. The animals doing simple and silly things I guess is where the remembrance comes from. What a cool memory for your kids.