9.15.2008

battle wounds

This is what Kaden looked the day after his accident (see post below):


And today, almost a week later:

Yes, it looks pretty gruesome. And it's been 'fun' to explain to people at church, and preschool; and I wonder what people were thinking when we went shopping on Saturday. . .

he is just a typical boy. always on the move.

**********************

And this is what the boys have been doing a lot of:

-watching an elk hunt video (the only movie that Jaren will sit through)
-wishing we were in Idaho
-glad his brother got a nice bull elk, and a new baby boy, all in the same week!
-wishing he was pain-free
....all in good time. I think we are supposed to learn some lessons in patience or something.

Tyler still doesn't know for sure if the cortisone shot worked. They told him to give it a week. His symptoms change so much from day to day, it's hard to figure out what is really bothering him. He has been going to work full time for the last few work days. Then he just comes home and lays down to try and relax everything. We are really just taking it one day at a time.

7 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Ouch! That would be funny to see people's expressions though. "Boys will be boys." Hopefully your BIL wasn't out hunting elk when the baby was born...:)

The Mothership said...

haha, emily! no, he wasn't thankfully. the baby was born on a wed and he got an elk on Saturday. :)

Anonymous said...

Kaden, you look so big! We are so sad for all your bumps and scrapes. You are just a typical boy trying to have some fun-kind of reminds me of your Dad!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you guys are in for it with the bumps and scrapes- I don't think I remember any time when we were kids when Tyler wasn't banged up somehow... just kidding, but pretty close. Let's see, there was the time that he fell on a nail that pierced his back, three-wheeler wounds... Poor Kathy!! :) We didn't have little boys in our family, but I think I made up for the bumps and scrapes there. I hope Kaden's war-wounds heal up quickly! I think everyone understands that "kids will be kids"... and that bumps and scrapes are part of the adventure.

shaunie said...

I think patience is a lesson learned in all trials. Unfortunately, I never seem to have enough of it. Maybe that's why trials consistently come our way. Hopefully you can figure out what works for Tyler's back. Even though Ben's was out for only a few days, it was awful. You feel like life is a slow crawl or stand-still, probably because you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. At least Kaden's injuries will be short-lived!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

THE ONLY PEOPLE QUESTIONING THE BUMPS AND SCRAPES ARE THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER HAD A KID...IT HAPPENS. I HOPE TYLER GETS FEELING BETTER SOON. HE IS A GO-GETTER. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS STILL GOING TO WORK FULL-TIME IN ALL THAT PAIN. TAKE CARE!
~TONYA

The Two of Us said...

Poor guy...kids always heal soo fast though...good thing. We are praying for Tyler...I hope you come home this wkend:)