**Swimming at the local pool. Our boys are not water-friendly. It always takes half an hour, at least, for them to realize that water is fun.
**A day trip
Tyler and Jeff (his bro) hiked all the way to Bloomington lake. It was too far for the rest of us. And the main road was closed because the snow melted off only a week before. That hike would only have been 1/2 mile round trip. But those boys hiked about 5 miles total. Kudos to them!

Bloomington Lake**Jaren sleeping on the hike out
So while the boys were hiking, the rest of us were playing at the creek, feeding the fish, and feeding our hungry tummies.

**feeding the fish **a beaver tree **two hooligans
Tyler and Jeff (his bro) hiked all the way to Bloomington lake. It was too far for the rest of us. And the main road was closed because the snow melted off only a week before. That hike would only have been 1/2 mile round trip. But those boys hiked about 5 miles total. Kudos to them!
Bloomington Lake**Jaren sleeping on the hike out
So while the boys were hiking, the rest of us were playing at the creek, feeding the fish, and feeding our hungry tummies.
**feeding the fish **a beaver tree **two hooligans
Minnetonka Cave was next on our list. Very cool. A lot of stairs!
Jaren and Tyler**Kaden with Tyler**Tyler water-skiing
**The 4th
waiting for the parade to start**helping boys with candy**matching marchers
**best whole family picture. I'm sad we didn't get one with everyone in it. But in six months it will be out-dated. Three babies are due by the end of the year.
**Oregon Trail Museum
It was neat. The kids loved the dirt!
**Bear Lake
**Fireworks!
Kaden loved it. Jaren is still a little small to hold his own fire.
**Family pictures
Jaren was asleep at Grandma's.
**Tyler's 10 year HS reunion was on the 5th. So of course we went! We took the boys to the picnic in the park and it was fun to meet people that he has told me about, and see a few familiar faces. Then at night we had a dinner at the local pizza joint. (In a town of 3,000, there aren't many dinner options.) I think Tyler enjoyed it. And I enjoyed it about as much as he would enjoy one of my HS reunions.
Our only regret is that we didn't get to see as many of our friends as we wanted to. Only being there for a week makes it hard to do everything and see everyone that you would like to.
Ever since we left, Jaren has been waving and saying 'bye' and then saying 'bumpa'. He misses them. The morning we left, Kaden saw Tyler packing our stuff into the car and he asked what Daddy was doing. I told him it was time to go home and he said, with the saddest voice ever, "but I don't WANT to go home!" That got me crying, along with Grandma. We had so much fun, and I'm afraid we wore everyone out, including ourselves. Thanks for everything to everyone, we love you and miss you!
9 comments:
Nicole, I always say it but i love how you are always outside and going on so many adventures with that sweet family of yours!! I love the pictures of you and Tyler running in the water. . . so baywatch
when where you at bear lake? we just spent all last week there!
Lyza, you read my mind. My favorite picture was the "Baywatch" one too! I was thinking the same thing. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. How lucky to be able to spend time outdoors with your family. Vacations are never long enough in my opinion. It's great you took so many pictures! You'll treasure them later on in life, all 500+ of them :)
How fun! You've sure kept yourself busy!
We're stopping for a day at Bear Lake when we drive to Denver. I love Minnetonka Cave. I was telling Jer we need to go there. Did your kids really like it? I'm curious to see if Lydia would like it. My mom built a cabin (out of rocks..it's not a big fancy one!) on the East side of the lake, your pic's just made me more excited to be there.
We were ar Bear Lake from the 28th to the 5th but the days we were on the beach was the 30th and the 2nd. I don't think there is a better beach for kids anywhere, they had to go out way far to get to deep water! I wish we could go back to!!!
Tell Kaden that Grandma saw a bull moose in the velvet this morning on my walk. Of course I was nervous and waited to see where he was going. A couple hours later a little deer was in the road in front. We had so much fun while you were here and love your blog about all we did!
sounds like you had SO much fun! ahh! I love the outdoors! those boys of yours are born to be outside! they seemed to not quite get enough! that's super fun! are you far away from all your families?
Looks like you guys had a great vacation! I love the family pics. You guys are so cute!
I think that is the longest post I have ever seen. Congratulations. With 500 pics to choose from, it should be. Glad we got to see you for a little bit. The girls ARE STILL talking about the beach and "swimmin' wif Taden an Daren and mys supersuits!"
Post a Comment