7.15.2008

all about mr kaden



Kaden is turning 4 soon. Which makes me think, "where has the time gone? How am I old enough to have a 4 year old?" Logically, it makes sense, but I can't believe he is growing up so fast.

He is starting preschool this fall and is definitely excited. He has never really been interested in learning numbers/colors/letters. So, that has been one of my goals this summer to be more consistent and patient when trying to teach him. And, gratefully, it has been working. He has surprised us a few times, and we hear him singing the ABC's without any prompting from us.

He told me on Sunday, "we should go to Grandma's house this week." And I'm thinking, we just got back from seeing both your Grandma's. You got to see both of them in one day, TWICE! He can never get enough of his Grandma's and Grandpa's.

We finally got him out of a toddler bed and into a bigger bed. Bunk beds to be exact. I don't know what we were thinking. He loves it, plays up there any chance he can. I'm just glad Jaren can't climb up there yet. He has had enough tumbles recently.

And just like a typical boy, he loves loves trains, airplanes, trucks, tractors, and all those other noisy pieces of machinery. I'm excited to make his birthday cake!! I'll be sure to post pictures of it for those who want to see.

He keeps Tyler and I laughing all the time. He comes up with the wackiest sayings sometimes. I still laugh every time he says, "haystack Grandma." And he also tries our patience more than anything! But, of course, we love him.

7 comments:

Melissa and Bryan said...

Mr. Kaden is quite the stud! I love the shades! It's so fun to hear about your sweet little boy and see what I have to look forward to.

shaunie said...

I love his "cool dude" look. Like he's working for the Secret Service with their black sunglasses. Bunk beds....that will be an adventure. I wish you great luck and no trips to the emergency room. :)

Di Cluff said...

Nichole, I remember when you spent the night at my house, I think you were pregnant with Kaden. That was just yesterday, wasn't it? You and Shaunie are such happy, good mothers; it's great to see both of you enjoying your children so much. Life is good.
PS, I enjoy your friday gardening pieces.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Nicole I remember days spent with all of us roomates sitting around wathcing Homestar (which totally annoys me now lol). You were always so much fun. I also remember getting your old highschool newsletter delivered.

Vanessa said...

hey girl. kaden is so funny! when i was reading that...it reminded me of kelton just a couple of months ago. just after he turned 4, like maybe 6-8 weeks, he all of a sudden decided to like numbers, colors and the ABC's. It's all when they want to do it! :) boys are funny though! I love how "cool" they are, and how much they are just like their dad's...just mini ones. And do post that b-day cake! I keep telling Jake there are people out there that make really cool cakes...and I need any tips I can get!!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy! Would love to have him come to Grandma's again soon! He will be so much fun on his birthday and I'm sure his cake will be a dandy. I know he tries your patience, but he is just a typical little boy doing what little boys will do!

Walker Family said...

Nicole, you have such ahndsome little guys. . I can't even believe you have a little guy going to preschool. . . !!It was fun to get to know your Mr. Kaden.