6.27.2008

friday's gardening

Does a cat in your neighborhood use your flower beds as a litter box?

I read a tip in this garden center's weekly newsletter and thought I would pass it along.
Place chicken wire on the ground and then cover it with bark mulch, or an inch or two of topsoil. The cats will hate the way it scratches their feet and leave that place alone.

(you can sign up on their website. even if you don't live in the area, they have a lot of great snippets of information pertaining to gardening. I have my mom-in-law to thank for that; she was the one that introduced me to them!)
**Have a plant/gardening question? Email me at martnicole{at}hotmail{dot}com.

1 comment:

Dani W said...

I might just need to recruit you for gardening classes via blogger... HAVE YOU SEEN MY LAWN! I defiantly life in the Mountains... the grass here is a mixture of random greenery.