Last Saturday was the annual Strawberry Festival. We made the trek to the main street to watch the twilight parade. It's always fun to see the city support activities like this. The parade ended about 10 pm, and then there was a small fireworks show. Let's just say, it was a late night.
hmmm....not too happy.
I just noticed that Kaden and I have the same face. Maybe he does get something from me!
*********
And here is my {finally} finished project. I started this cross-stitch in December 2004 after Tyler gave it to me for a Christmas present. It is a cross-stitch version of a Greg Olsen painting. Thanks honey!
I got it back from the frame shop about a week ago, and I can't quite decide how I like the mat and the frame together.
Is it too much?
Not enough?
Should I have chosen different colors?
here's a detail of the stitchery. everyone said i was crazy for doing this.
maybe i am. but i finished it!!
**suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. the entire package was a custom order. can i take it back and say, "sorry, i know i picked this out, but i don't like it. re-do it please." ??? if anything, i would like them to cut the mat bigger. there is at least 1/2 inch all the way around that is hiding behind the mat. so many stitches, that i did, that i can't see!
frustrating.
12 comments:
Mom says that you paid good money for it and if you are not happy with it, take it back and have them redo it. But be specific in what you want them change. She likes the colors and would leave them the same.
She says that you should have them redo the mat so it shows all the picture. And it is gorgeous. :)
Your cross stitch is beautiful! I definitely think they should not have covered up any stitching and should make it right at no extra cost to you. The colors look pretty. Glad girls camp was fun- although a lot of work.
look great! where do you find the patience! Wow... that had to take forever! As for the mat colors.. i love them.. leave them the same... if it doesn't work out where they will cut it bigger for you, places like kinko's and office max have mat cutters for customers to use so you could do it yourself, there and then bring it home.
yeah, if i did all that work, you'd better believe i would want all of it to show!!! that is seriously beautiful!!!!! great job! I love the pink, it really brings out the flowers...and the gold is pretty too. I just like dark wood, like a mahogany- but again, it is GORGEOUS!
Vanessa, Tyler was hoping I got a wooden frame. But, I don't know. The picture on the package had a gold frame, so that's what I was going off of because I liked how that looked. Even though we have no other gold frames in the house. Oh well! It will just be special I guess!
Girl's camp and the parade sound like they were lots of fun. I agree with everyone else--you did an awesome job! I did a cross-stitch of Christ's face in high school for a YW project and it took me years to finish too--no shame in that. If you're not happy with it, I woul definitely try to get it fixed. The worst they can do is say no! They should definitely recut the mat for you, that's the purpose in getting a custom mat so it actually fits the picture. That's their mistake.
Nicole, everything you do turns out amazing! I bet the girls just loved you at camp anf the parade looks like a blast!
I'm super impressed with your cross-stitch. I don't think I'd have the patience for it. It turned out beautifully! I would definitely have them re-cut the mat. I'm sure they won't charge you for it since it seems like that's what they should have done to begin with. The colors look great.
I'm jealous that you got to go to girl's camp and the strawberry festival parade. I guess that's what I get for moving away.
Wow...that is amazing...I do not have the patience for that:) I think I would put it in a cream, wood frame and have the mat all cream and then your picture would totally all stand out...just a thought! Take it back and have them redo it however you want...you should be happy with it!
If you like the gold frame, keep it. Frames don't all have to be the same color. Plus, it's a picture of Christ. It can be special. Ditto on what Emily said about the mat not fitting. It should fit the picture, especially if that's what you requested.
Beautiful job Nichole, I haven't done anything that ambitious for years, then I never got mine framed. Yes, take it back and get what you want or you will never be happy with it. I would want all of the cross stitch to show and yes, keep the gold frame.
Thank you so much for the gardening tips, I read them often and when I don't Shuanie usually tells me about them.
Nicole,
I check your blog once in a while, off Candice's blog. You are so talented! The picture is beautiful, a real family keepsake!
Connie
Post a Comment