Tyler took both boys to the church father/son camp out. I was a little scared for him; I don't know if I would have taken both of them camping by myself! But he said they all had fun.
Kaden had fun "swimming" in the river. I don't know why all the sudden he wanted to get completely wet. He is kind of a water-shy child. When we were at my parents house over Memorial Weekend he was helping my mom around her pond and he reached a little too far to get something out of the water. So he went in headfirst and my mom caught one of his ankles. I was inside and all I heard was a scream, a splash, and then Kaden crying. He was completely drenched and smelled like fishy pond water. And he kept saying, "that was scary mommy!" for about an hour. So I was a little shocked when Tyler told me that Kaden went in the water all on his own.
Getting into dry clothes. I have no idea what that face means. "Oops!" or "It's really cold!" He fell asleep in the car within 10 minutes. All the running around really wore him out.
*************************************
And presenting . . .
Jaren the escape artist!
"Is the coast clear?"
Jaren escaped out of the tent three times - once right after Tyler had laid him down to sleep (he obviously wasn't asleep all the way). One other time in the middle of the night he rolled off the air mattress and right out the door. (Tyler didn't know that one was unzipped on the bottom.)
And the third time, Tyler got the evidence!
So while all the boys were gone and I was home alone, I scrap booked about 6 months worth of pictures. And I'm still a year behind. And I got some motivation to finish the other projects I am almost done with. One of them I have been working on for the last 6 months. The other one . . . 3.5 years. But when you see it, you'll understand why it has taken me that long. And I have Tyler to thank for that! (wink). Hopefully within the next month I will get both finished. And since I'm writing it on here, maybe I will feel more accountable.
6 comments:
The whole time I was reading that I was thinking, "I wonder what Nicole did with some time to herself??" I'm glad you got a lot of scrapbooking done, I really need to do that. It looks like the boys had a blast and that Kaden wasn't too scarred from the pond incident at Grandma's.
Oh man that picture of Kaden with his dry clothes is so cute, a total classic! Lucky they got to go camping, now I am craving Smores!!
What a fun camping post! I just cracked up over Jaren's tent escape pictures. Their Dad is the best to take them both camping! I'm glad Kaden is liking being in the water more-that means you'll have to keep a close eye on him. We're looking forward to some fun times while you are here!
How nice to have no kids to entertain and work on some stuff. I need that! Ben wants to take Evelyn camping. Don't think I could convince him to take both girls. Jaren looks older in his escape pictures, I'm not sure why.
I love the little escape artist! How adorable. It's great you got pics of it :) Well, obviously the pond incident didn't scar him for life. It more so brought out the adventure in him!
I'm glad you got some scrapbooking done, that is what I need to do one of these days!
Hey Nicole! I found your blog off someone else... your boys are getting so big! They're adorable! :)
Post a Comment