5.28.2008

a weekend jaunt

We took a little trip over the mountains and visited the grandparents over Memorial weekend. As always, it was nice to get away from the city (how many times do we say that!) and see all the family.


all the grandkids - bribed with suckers. we're terrible.

Jaren was much happier this time around, which all of us were grateful for. Tyler's back has been bothering him for a few weeks now, so that dimmed his enjoyment of being away a little. We came back over the pass a different way than we usually go, and it was a lot prettier. We didn't get to see Mt. Rainer up close though. It was kind of hard through the hail and rain. So hopefully next time we'll have more luck.


Clear Creek Falls

After we got home, getting everything unpacked (which I think is the worst part of vacations), I was opening the mail. The movie, "Enchanted" was waiting for us and I showed it to Kaden. He said, "Ohh!" Then paused, and looked at me, "Do I like that movie?"

So after watching it last night, here are the results: Kaden didn't like it, Jaren went to bed halfway through, Tyler thought it was too girly and silly, and I thought it was cute. I will admit it was kind of silly in some scenes.


and some random pictures:





I think this one is precious - two boys playing with some walnuts

5 comments:

Riggs Familia said...

I'm sad we missed you!
I love the pics of them eating suckers! That's Lydia's favorite thing, I hate them...they last way too long!
How cute playing with walnuts like that!

Brianne said...

Eric HATED Enchanted. He actually said it's the worst movie ever. I thought it was cute. I loved the songs :-).

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Jeremy thinks that movie is hilarious! He laughs his head off every time the prince calls the tv the magic mirror.

Anonymous said...

Love the family picture by the lake and of course, all the other pictures. I thought Enchanted was a little strange. Amanda loves it. Sure hope Tyler's back gets feeling better. We missed you camping, but are so glad you were able to be with family and get away from the city! I think Tony Brown left for the MTC yesterday and will soon be in Washington.

The Greenacres said...

Hey,

I'm sorry that we didn't get to join in on the fun. You got some cute pictures. I want some on the tire swing next time we go. I love the black and white. We'll be sure and catch you next time.