4.02.2008

Well, I wish I could say my recent lack of blogging has been the product of a long vacation.

But, no.

I wish I could say that my other half and I went on a sweet romantic weekend, BY OURSELVES.

Again, nope. But that will be happening soon - five years this month!

But, we have all been trying to enjoy the snow. Yes, it snowed for THREE days here. And rained, of course! And then this week, we have been able to go to the park everyday. I am ready for the weather to calm down and just be nice!

I think Jaren got a little sun-kissed yesterday.

Kaden has been helping me cook:

Jaren has been enjoying my cooking:

I made this:


And this:

(for a dear friend that had a baby boy)

We are looking forward to General Conference this weekend. It should be exciting!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool we're the first ones to comment!
Anyway, mom says that it looks like you are having fun, and staying busy keeping up with the boys! She really likes the shadow box, and the baby blanket. She says to tell you that we have 17 babies now. 6 girls and 11 boys. Exciting! (I should probably add that they are cows, not people. :)hehe)

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Wow I can't believe it has been five years already! It seems like less to me. you are way more productive than I am, good job on the blankets.

Di Cluff said...

What fun you must be having with your two boys. Dan & Ben were so much fun and still are best friends, It looks like your's are on the same path.
Did I read or hear somewhere that you want to stay (or just visit?)at my house now that the remodel is done? You and the boys (all three) are welcome any time.

Melissa and Bryan said...

What a beautiful quilt and wall hanging!! You are so talented! I love the picture of Jaron. You must makes some good dinner!!

Ben said...

Way to be crafty, Nicole. I still haven't finished Evelyn's shadow box. Jilly's is still an idea in my head. I've been sewing other things, it seems that this time of year that craft bug hits. Are you going on a romantic rendezvous? You must tell me so I can be jealous and dream of the day Ben and I get away from the girls for more than 1 hour. It looks like the boys haven't been too crazy for you, yay!

Ben said...

And this IS NOT Jorge Luis Borges. This is Ben's new profile name. And this is Shaunie. I just can't remember to log in under my profile. I feel like a nerd!!!!!!

Walker Family said...

Nicole, the blanket is so cute! You are a domestic goddess. . .you cook, you sew, you clean, you even make bunny ears for your boys for easter! I think you are way on top of things!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

ok a few posts ago someone named Mariana posted about the old college ward. I know that I should know her because the name sounds familiar and I was in that ward for five years. Why can't a get a face to go with the name, Nicole shaunie help! OH and by the way has anyone heard from Bishop wakefield? Last I talked to him was at my sealing and then I saw him at a parade once. He was nice.... anyway enough rambling

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

OK I think I remember a little better. Her blog is set to Private so I still can't put a name with a face. Oh well.

I haven't heard anything from the Wakefields since I got married. So you know about as much as I do I'm guessing.

The Mothership said...

Lyza you are funny! Thanks for your sweet comments, but I do not consider myself a domestic goddess! Most of my ideas are inspired by other people's projects, and my cooking I can attribute to my mother!

Thanks Mom!

Anonymous said...

Wish we were close enough the boys could have a sleep-over with us and you could have a night or two away! It is so much fun when McKenzie and Dawson come to stay. They really keep us entertained! I'm glad you let Kaden help you cook-I wasn't good that way, but thankfully Tyler and Jeff like to cook some. I'm glad you find some time to do the creative things you enjoy and are so talented at.