I feel like I had a brilliant idea last night. Now I don't feel so much like it's brilliant, but more like a fun idea!
In college, I studied horticulture. Landscape design, gardening, flowers, pests, diseases in plants, all that kind of stuff. Right now I don't use it very much, and I don't want to forget it. I also know that I have to keep up with the industry because new plants are always coming out, rules and regulations change, and if I ever want to design gardens, I sould know all that.
So, where is this going? My (maybe) brilliant idea is this:
Start a weekly gardening installment where YOU email ME questions you have about your lawn and gardens, and indoor plants. Now, we all know that we all wish we had beautiful yards, but sometimes figuring it out is the hard part.
What do you think? Would you send me questions? I want to do this in an effort to help people make their spaces beautiful (inside and out) and to help myself keep learning about what I studied in college.
Because I LOVE it.
I'm thinking about a few different names to call it, and I'll do it every Friday. Maybe I will start tomorrow! So check back soon!
If you already have a question, email me at martnicole (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Include a picture if you think it will help me better understand what you are asking. And most of the time, it will require a picture. Unless it's a general question.
7 comments:
That sounds like a great plan! Let's face it, Matt and I definitely have brown thumbs. We've killed every plant we've ever owned (usually within a matter of a couple months) and yet we keep trying. Hopefully someday we can overcome this problem, maybe with some "expert" help we can!
I love it. Unfortunately I don't have any questions right now b/c I don't have much of a yard yet. We'll hopefully get the backyard put in before the summer. Then I'll let you know :-).
Well I think its a great Idea, or you could start another blog with tips and ideas where poeple could post questions etc (kind of like the tips and tidbits link I have on my blog) I would totally read it, but I don't have my own yard yet since we live in an apartment, but I want to try and grow some stuff in pots this summer.
Love it! (do you ever watch Dragon tales?) Well, me and Tyler are fixing up the yard to sell the house we manlyt are getting rock to fill in the bes I had planned for flowers (keep down the weeds) I have planted some bulbs (which already look great) I love lilies and Hydrangeas.. Our house faces West... Where should I plant the hydrangeas? I think the front (westside) will get to much sun.. what do you think?? Also, do you have any cheap tricks to making the flower beds look nice?
Nicole! I am SO glad you are going to dot his! I really want to fix up our yard and I am sure i will be asking questions every week!! thansk thanks for doing this! let me get some pictures going and some questions rollin!
A wonderful idea Nicole! I hope you know you may have just opened up a huge can of worms with me asking the questions... :)When you feel like you are ready to start designing, I welcome you back to use my yard as your clean slate!
Cool idea! I'll have to think of some questions to ask. That website is really neat... thanks for all the information. I look forward to learning lots!
Post a Comment