2.11.2008

a tribute and a mess

So we sold the Malibu on Saturday. It was a little sad, but felt good to not have a car just sitting there. This was our first car that Tyler's parents gifted to us when we got married. It took us to Los Angeles the first summer after we were married and back to Idaho. We went on many camping/hunting trips with it. Tyler drove it to Dallas and back the summer before I met him. We drove it to Houston, then to San Diego and back to Idaho again. It has made numerous trips between my parent's home and school in Rexburg before we graduated. The Malibu was a good little car for us, and it's good to know that the man who bought will take good care of it.

(My goodness, it sounds like we got rid of a pet or something!)

I think it was a miracle that we sold it so fast. We posted it on craigslist around 9 am on Saturday, and by noon we had four emails. By 7pm it was sold! I was shocked - who would buy it? (just my thoughts) The man was buying it for his son who is 17 and saving up for it. That's sweet.

A little dirty after going on the Bone Road (if any of you know what that is, I'll be impressed!) from Rexburg to Soda Springs.

now for the mess:

Tyler walked into the bathroom this morning to get ready for work and stepped into 1/2 inch of water. We don't know how, but the toiled overflowed and ran. All Night. And we couldn't hear it. I came downstairs because I could hear water dripping. So I turned the light on for the dining area thinking it would be in the downstairs bathroom, but it was running out of the light fixture that I had just turned on! Scary!! So I mopped up the kitchen and Tyler mopped up the bathroom while we tried to see the damage.

It's pretty bad.

We're just glad that we decided NOT to buy this particular unit because then this would be OUR problem. But since we're just renting, I don't think we'll have to pay to fix it. The manager still has to come and look at it though. So we'll see.

I hope your Monday has been better than ours!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Yikes! That does sound like a mess! Glad you sold the car so quick, we're trying to sell Zacharys motorcycle right now and let's just say it't not going as well...

Brianne said...

What a mess! I'm glad you guys won't have to pay for it all. Good luck with the clean up.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how sentimental vehicles can become! We can sure relate. I had to take a couple pictures of the Cadi before I drove it to town to trade it in. Sorry about the yuky Monday morning flood-wish we were there to help you. Often I think I shouldn't leave the house with the washer or dishwasher going because of what could happen.

Catherine said...

yikes! good luck with that mess... and cars are likes pets you spend a lot of time in them and usually a lot of money too
(gas and maintenance).

Ben said...

Glad you didn't get electrocuted turning on the light! And that you didn't buy your unit. You would have had fun paying for that, and fixing it. I don't think I've even seen a toilet flood since we lived in our old house, the one that was in the half-bathroom. I guess you had one really good thing happen this weekend (selling the Malibu), and it needed to be balanced out. Unfortunately. Hope the rest of your week goes better!