We went to the farm last weekend desperately in need of a break. We had a lot of fun, tried to catch up on sleep and brought back a box of yummy apples. We left on Thursday so I could go to Camille's (my cousin) bridal shower. It was fun and the yummy soups and hot chocolate made for a perfect fall evening.
On Friday we tried to sleep in...especially after Kaden finally falling asleep at 11:30 (normal bedtime around 9 pm). Whenever we go to visit my parents, Kaden is just so excited. In fact, the first thing he said when we pulled up was, "Go on tactor ride now!" It is always a struggle to get him to eat, go potty, or anything else that he needs to do when we visit. There are so many other cool things that he would rather be doing (who needs food?).
Kaden hung out with Grandpa Friday morning. They went on a parts run to town, then came back and fixed the tractor. Then he got to go on his tractor ride with Grandpa and come home to feed the cows with Grandma. We tried to take some family pictures, and I don't know how many of them turned out 'good', but they are all done and over with at least!
Saturday was the big day for Travis and Camille. They finally got married(I'm just kidding)!! It was a good day; their sealing was amazing, they were both so happy, and Travis couldn't stop smiling. I think it was a long day for everyone involved, but it was also a lot of fun! And everything was beautiful. We are so happy for them. Congratulations again you two!
Here are some other random pictures from the weekend. Even though it was a bit chilly, all the boys couldn't resist being outside. My little brother Ryan raked up a huge pile of leaves that the boys loved playing in. The leaves here in Seattle are all wet and soggy, so it was fun for them to play in some dry ones!
Kaden jumped on the first tractor he found. This one was just parked in the field next to the house, so he saw it and took advantage of sitting down and playing on it.
Teach them young...that's how we do it on the farm! Well, maybe Tyler helped Jaren a little bit, but he still thought it was pretty cool.
A smiley boy in the alfalfa field. The alfalfa doesn't normally look like that this time of year. It was killed so grass seed could be planted for pasture.
Sorry this is so long . . . I hope you all enjoyed the pictures! We had fun taking them and are glad we had a fun-filled couple of days away from home.
Oh, and in case some of you were wondering about our living situation . . . we haven't for sure decided what we're going to do. We are leaning more toward not buying one and just renting for now. Either way, we would have to move because we don't want to buy the one that we are in. So we will probably be moving early next year sometime. I can't wait . . . but I can, because I don't like moving, and I will miss the park being right across the street!
6 comments:
Cute family pictures, it was so fun to see you guys!
I love the fall colors in the orchard! It almost doesn't look real. That is one thing I miss down here in Vegas. It's still "green" (as green as Vegas gets!) and 80 degrees. I'm not complaining about the 80 degrees though. We've been loving the weather and taking walks every day! Anyways, your pictures are really cute!
Hey Nicole,
I love your family pictures. The leaves are so pretty. I wish the trees in California changed like that and we had seasons here. Sounds like you had fun at home.
Love, Love, LOVE the fall colors! Jaren's climbing trees already?! They grow so fast!! :-D
I'm jealous! I love all the pictures! Camille did cool stuff with her hair and dress. I loved it. Glad you had a fun weekend, and hope you don't have your colds still!
I love the fall pictures! Evertime I go home I get so many neat pictures on the farm...I love it! I was so fun seeing you guys! Have a great Fall!
Post a Comment