9.04.2007

I guess it's time for an update. The boys are both asleep at the same time today, which hasn't happened in a while. Last week seemed to last forever. Good thing we had a three day weekend to recuperate. We found out about a month ago that the complex we are living in is being converted to a condominium. We received a packet from the new owner giving us all the legal information on what was going to happen, how much we could pay for this 936 sq ft apartment ($166,000), and when we would have to be out if we decided not to buy one (January). So we like where we live, but not THAT much. We are just going to wait and see what happens in the next couple of months.

Tyler was on his way home from work on Thursday and got rear-ended. No real damage, just some cracked paint. The whole bumper will have to be replaced though. The guy that hit him is recently divorced from a 30-year marriage and bought a kitten to keep him company. The kitten is what distracted him. Tyler really felt bad for the guy.

(It looks like we are standing on the edge of the cliff, but we really aren't.
I think it's just the angle, but it looks scary!)

After a rough week, we had a fairly enjoyable weekend. Aside from a little boy that is teething, was feverish and sad all weekend, it was fun. We went to Deception Pass with some friends and had a picnic on the beach. Kaden played in the water (brr!!) for a few minutes before we came back home. It really is so pretty up there.

The island is Whidbey Island, and we are standing on the mainland. It's called Deception Pass because the early explorers thought that the land was all connected until they came to these drop-offs. Hence, "Deception" Pass. Kinda cool.

Kaden showing me the "fishies" in the water. The water was so clear, I really wanted to jump in. I almost did, clothes and all, but my practical side got the better of me.

Hmm...which rock should I put in my mouth? Or maybe I'll try two at once!

Kaden with his bestest friend.


Monday morning Tyler went biking with Matt and then we went over to their house for a barbecue that afternoon. It was so nice to have a three day weekend, and to be able to relax a little bit. Jaren is doing much better today, and I'm so grateful. Sick kids are no fun.

Tyler really missed being in Idaho over the weekend and not being able to go hunting. He wanted to dress up in his camo's with both the boys and have me take a picture on opening day, but we forgot. We'll have to do that next year. I don't think Tyler will want to miss another year of hunting. So hopefully we'll be out there next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The adventures you go on seem so fun,unique and exciting. The pictures are awesome. I would love to have Jaren and the pebbles for my flower beds. The deer are making tracks in them and eating my little pansies. We thought of you all weekend! Coy and Wyatt Hopkins had some new camo clothing-what fun. We look forward to each new blog-thanks for keeping us up-to-date on everything!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the scenery is gorgeous! I've never heard of deception pass, but it is beautiful! You do have fun adventures, and the Washington landscape is so diverse! I love it! Keep on havin' fun.

That's too bad about your apartment!

The Clews Crew said...

Nicole, it was so good to hear from you. You're boys are getting so big. I'm glad things are going well for you. Thanks again for writing, I'm so glad we can keep in touch.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

How fun!! What a beautiful place! And in your first picture it looks like you're standing right on the edge...scary!