8.26.2007


Our little jail-bird.



I had put him down for a nap, but obviously not tired.

Ooh, an open door! GO!


Terrorizing of my kitchen has begun!

We went on a bike ride and picked some blackberries that grow along the trail. Kaden was so excited. Before we left, I told Tyler, "Let's pick some blackberries. We need a bucket though." Without any prompting, Kaden jumped down from his chair and ran to get the (empty) ice cream bucket he has been carrying his tractors around in. Next time we pick berries, we'll all remember to: 1. wear long pants and long sleeves, 2. wear yucky shoes so they can get all purple on the bottom, and 3. take a stick to wipe away all the spiders and their webs. We now have two bags full of blackberries in the freezer that will be yummy in smoothies, ice cream, and a host of other things.


That small brown thing in the picture is not poop. It's a slug. But that's what they look like here.

Tyler and I went on a date this weekend. It was nice to get away for a couple of hours, and to top it all off, dinner was free! We went to Olive Garden, which we think is always yummy. After we were done with salad and bread sticks, our waitress came up and said that our dinner order had gotten lost. And it would be another 15 minutes. Uhhh...ok. Our baby-sitter had an end-of-the-summer party she wanted to go to at 8:30, and it was already 8:10. So we finally got our food at 8:30. The manager brought it out and said, "don't worry about a thing, this dinner is on me." We were pretty shocked and grateful. Maybe I should also mention that Tyler had ordered a $23 steak (which he was hesitant about in the first place, $23 for a steak?!). Free dinner, time away from the kids, and some shopping beforehand = happy parents!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Olive Garden! It's always nice to get a free meal, but a free quality meal, that's heaven-sent. I'm jealous!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

We take the kids and pick blueberries every year up here and I swear by the time we get to the car the girls have already eaten them all!:)It's a really fun tradition that we do though and the shakes we make after are to die for!I thought that slug Kaden was looking at was poop because it looks just like moose poop here! Sounds like your date was fun....and free!How nice!

Ben said...

Hello from Idaho. I am ready to be in Utahrd. But enough about me! Jer looks kind of like he's crawling like Jilly. She learned to climb stairs yesterday, so good and bad, because she tries to crawl down head first. I wanted to go to Olive Garden all summer long, but we never made it! Free dinner makes waiting all better I should think though.

Ben said...

Hello from Idaho. I am ready to be in Utahrd. But enough about me! Jer looks kind of like he's crawling like Jilly. She learned to climb stairs yesterday, so good and bad, because she tries to crawl down head first. I wanted to go to Olive Garden all summer long, but we never made it! Free dinner makes waiting all better I should think though.

Trav & Camille said...

Jaren is growing up way too fast...I'm sure you are having tons of fun chasing him around!!! Picking blueberries looks like so much fun! By the way I love the crib pictures:)