Jaren started crawling yesterday. He's been able to go all over the room, just not by crawling forward. He would sit up, and then plop onto his belly, and sit back up in a different spot. He would also crawl back and sideways. But now that he can actually crawl, I think I'm in trouble!
I failed in the baby-proofing department. Funny how I have two kids, and my house is not baby-proofed! Jaren found all the plants, the books that were too low, and uncovered the fact that I don't sweep as often as I should. Darn it. I'm glad he was able to show me that, hopefully it will motivate me to keep a cleaner floor so he won't clean it for me.
Everyday Jaren is showing more and more how energetic he is going to be. Getting diapers on him always turns into a wrestling match. He gets himself and everyone around the bathtub wet from splashing so much. When he wants to be held, he doesn't sit still and almost always grabs two handfuls of hair before I sit him back down, as he proceeds to start crying. I remember when we asked family members what they thought we were going to have (we didn't find out) before Jaren was born and Rick said, "I'm predicting another boy, only with a little less energy." I was really hoping/wanting that to be the case. I'm not complaining though. I would rather have an energetic baby than not. So now that Jaren is on the move, no more sitting him in one spot and finding him still there five minutes later!
7 comments:
Now you need to be twins! Good luck keeping track of Jaren. Floors aren't my favorite either, but you don't want him to be a little "Hoover".
Just wait until he walks....crawling is at least slower than walking! When we left on vacation to WA Adilyn was just barely walking and by the time we got home she was pretty much running and I can't believe everything she's getting into here at home! My tree's are one of her favorites!:)
Oh, you're so good to post. I haven't posted in a while. I think I've just been lazy. The internet here hasn't been at its best either, so it takes FOREVER to download anything. Baby vacuum cleaners...you don't find out how UN-clean the floor is until you have one. Maybe now Jer won't have so much energy because he has a way to expend it? Maybe? :)
Hey, I will be more than happy to make you a cool dress. But I don't think Tyler would be too happy about Jaren or Kaden wearing it. :)
I think Logan is going to crawl a lot earlier than Evan did, and you just reminded me how much I'm not looking forward to re-baby-proofing! Ah, boys, you've gotta love them! :-)
It was great to get a message from you. I have to admit that every once in a while I find myself lurking on your blog too. I especially like to read about the fun hikes you go on. I need to learn about where they are so Alex and I can get out of the city more. We should get together sometime. It would be fun to meet your new little guy and see how life in Marysville is treating you. Do you like it? How long will you guys be there?
Jaren is the cutest little jail-bird and escape artist, wish I could just pick him up and give him a hug!
Hope you have a fun weekend-we'll certainly be missing you!
Post a Comment