6.05.2007

Pictures from a 'photo shoot' with J this last week. K was grumpy from his nap, so Tyler was trying to console him while I was playing with the camera.

You can see his little baby teeth, just barely, in the picture above. He started sitting up this week as well, more steadily by himself. I had a moment of panic last night while laying in bed, thinking how soon J will be crawling around. K crawled at 7 months, so if J follows in his footsteps, I have one more month of stationary baby time! Kind of scary, but it will be fun.


These are some pictures of K when he was J's age. Do you think they look alike? I think they look like brothers, but not as similar as I thought before I looked at the pictures.

In other news:

K has been wanting J to ride his bike, has been wanting to hold him standing up(which I sometimes let him do if I'm right there, or if he's walking two feet away to Tyler) and many other things that show me they will be good friends and playmates.

I will not ever have to take my shoes anywhere to get them cleaned, or have anyone organize them for me, because I have a little boy who will do all of that for me! He will even get my shoes and bring them to me when we are leaving to go somewhere. Tyler and I were having a discussion just before bedtime and I turned around to see K doing this with some of our shoes. Getting them ready for something, I guess.


It is also raining today. A welcome relief from the 80 degree, sunny weather we've been having lately. And yes, for those of you wondering, 80 degrees is HOT here. Especially in non-air-conditioned and ceiling-fans-must-not-exist-apartments.

K is still asking me at least once a day to go on a 'tactor-yide' at 'ganpa's house.' We've been home for over a week, and will be going back in the middle of July for Kari's wedding. So I think I will be hearing that question everyday for the next month or so.

I know we have been saying this for two months (maybe longer) but the project that Tyler's been working on is now finally being wrapped up (I really hope so!!). He has been working 11-13 hour days. Yesterday he came home for dinner, then left again for a couple of hours. So, I watched "Just Like Heaven" with K. I absolutely LOVE that movie! Then Tyler brought blizzards home as a peace offering. Not that we were fighting, he just really felt badly that he has been gone to work so much. I'm looking forward to having him home more often!

2 comments:

Kari said...

That picture of Kaden and Jaren is super cute, pretty soon Jaren will be following Kaden everywhere he goes! 80 degree weather is pretty lucky I think, I love it when it gets up to 60 in Rexburg, 80 would be heaven!

Ben said...

"I'm like %99.9 parched right now...I could really use a CO-LA!"