Yesterday was such a great day! We went to storytime at the library, and Kaden finally participated. He usually just sits back and watches everyone else, then comes home and wants to sing all the songs and rhymes. After lunch, Jaren and Kaden both slept for 3 hours, at the same time! I was in heaven. I read and studied up for the lesson and talk I have to give in a couple of weeks. In fact, I was feeling so good by the end of the day, I thought Kaden was just the smartest, funniest, cutest little boy on the planet! Maybe I'm a little biased, oh well.
Then today, it was like a slap of reality in the face. Kaden wakes up grumpy an hour before he usually wakes up. So I'm frustrated and grumpy because I still want to be asleep! Needless to say, it's been a rough, frustrating morning trying to be patient with a very cranky two and a half year old, who is about to fall asleep while eating his lunch!
I still want to do a post on the funny, entertaining things we have noticed him doing lately though. I have been so amazed at what he learns and remembers, when it seems that he doesn't sit still long enough to hear anything!
We went to a primary activity day at the temple, and Kaden was so excited to be outside, he just ran all over the grounds the whole time. We finally got him to sit still for a few minutes while they were talking about the angel Moroni on the temple. I was feeling kind of bad because I felt like he didn't learn a thing! The next day on the way home from church he said: "Mommy, Ma-yo-ni, top temple!" We were both pretty surprised that he learned something AND remembered it.
Just some other random thoughts:
1. Kaden and my mom found a feather outside when we were visiting them at the beginning of April. Last week, a feather came out of his pillow and he didn't know what it was. When I told him it was a feather, he said, "Big feather, ganpa's house!" (ganpa is synonymous with grandma and grandpa).
2. He was acting like a monkey at the park one day. Literally making monkey noises and gestures. I asked him where he learned to do that because we hadn't taught him and he says, "Church!"
3. His favorite thing to say lately is, "Do-ey self, k?" with an emphasis on the 'k'
4.When he leaves a room, he tells me, "right back, k?" or "back in minute, k?"
5. I asked him how he knew where something was and his reply was, "cause"
6. Whenever we are driving in the car, he says, "mommy, faster car!" Meaning that he wants me to drive faster. I tell him I can't, and he proceeds to say, "Peace (police) car pull over?" "Yup" I tell him. And he just laughs. By the way, I have not ever been pulled over(knock on wood) so I think it's funny that he says this!
On a different note, Tyler and I had a yummy anniversary dinner at a seafood restaraunt called Anthony's. The dinner I ordered came with a side of chips with pineapple salsa. It was better than the Mahi-Mahi tacos it came with! If I had any left, I would put a picture on here, but it was so yummy I just had to eat it. I wish you all could have had some too, because it was so good!
3 comments:
you changed your look. i like it. very cheerful. cute feather story :)
MMMM...seafood is the best! On the rare occasion that I get to eat seafood at a restaurant (Jeff is anti-seafood anything, even smells), I savor every last bite, so I don't blame you for scarfing up the entire portion and not taking a picture! Glad you had a fun birthday and good job in the lemon meringue. It looks delicious!
Motherhood definitely has it's ups and downs. Thank goodness more ups. Long naps for the kids is such a bonus! Treasure all the Kaden and Jaren moments. I'm glad you are taking the time to write them down. They will love reading them in the future and we sure are enjoying them! The Bailey Creek picture last time was fun-we love where we live.
Post a Comment