3.27.2007

Rainy Weekend


When I was titling this post, I thought, "when does it NOT rain here?" It's been so dreary here the last few weeks, I can't wait until we get some sunshine. On Saturday we took a drive down to Auburn (by Tacoma) to pick up some parts for my dad. We're going to Tri-Cities this weekend, so we're all really excited for that.

It was pouring rain the whole time, but we really wanted to stop and see the temple and let Kaden see it too. Whenever we drive by a church, any church building, he says "temple!" So we humoured him and went to see it. Tyler and Kaden were walking around taking pictures when someone said to Tyler, "Wait, I know you. You're Nicole's husband." So random. It was Mikell! I had totally forgot that she was in Bellingham, and I wished I could have seen here as well! But I was feeding Jaren in the car and it was raining, so I didn't want him to get sick. It was a fun little day trip, nice to get out of the house, even when it's raining.

Sunday it finally stopped raining, and the sun even came out! So it's a record, because it's been two days, and it hasn't rained! The trees are all in bloom, and just gorgreous. I love spring! I can't wait until the tulips are bloooming, and we can go to the Tulip Festival. Tyler, he is not so excited, but I think he'll enjoy it too.

Yesterday I was basking in the sun next to our sliding glass door, and noticed that a HUGE spider decided to make it's home right as you would walk out the door. Needless to say, it was gross. Kaden thought he could get rid of it by banging very loudly on the door. So I just locked the door, and Tyler took care of it when he got home. Thank goodness for husbands!

3 comments:

Ben said...

I didn't know Mikell was over there in Seattle. The pictures are pretty, everything is so green. Stuff here is just barely starting to green up, and it's snowing again.
Yes, thank goodness for husbands, they get to smash bugs, clean out drains, scrape off BBQ grills, and work on the car. I'll handle the mess in the kitchen just fine, thank you.

Kari said...

That was so fun when Grandpa had horses, I just remember when he would get the donkey out and try to have us ride it and he had to keep pricking Jack( I think that was his name) in the bum with the pitchfork! It was raining here the other day and I was thinking of you. I hope sunnier days will come your way soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole and fam, it's fun to see your kids! I know exactly how you feel with the awful, rainy weather. When we lived in Cleveland it rained most of the time because we were right on Lake Erie. It's so much worse than Seattle though because it snows constantly too from October through April and sometimes even into May!!! So glad to be out of there. Seattle is a drag at times, but oh so beautiful scenery!