5.05.2015

Devon's breakfast

This morning, Devon sat down at the kitchen counter and asked for chocolate milk. I made him some in a sippy cup and handed it to him. (I've created a monster.) Then, he notices the container of Frosted Mini-Wheats and asks for some breakfast. So I grab him a bowl, a spoon, and pour some in, without any milk. 

He hadn't started drinking his milk, or eating his cereal, and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. 

He didn't want milk in his cereal. 

He starts trying to pull the lid off his chocolate milk and pointing to his breakfast. Ah! I figure out that he wants his cereal with his chocolate milk. (Now, Tyler has created the monster.) 

I thought he would want to pour his milk into the bowl, and eat his cereal that way. Nope. He starts putting his cereal into his sippy cup. Somehow he fit all the cereal into his milk, puts the lid on, and starts chugging away. 

As soon as the milk is gone, he wants the lid off, again, and dumps the cereal into his bowl. He wants milk in his cereal, now that it is thoroughly soggy and gross. I pour a bit of milk in and he eats the entire bowlful, with just enough time for us to leave for the bus. 

Some mornings, that kid is exhausting, but it's fun to see his personality coming out. He is definitely a two year old that wants everything done in just a certain way.

2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Oh boy, this sounds so familiar! I have daily breakfast battles with my 2-year-old trying to figure out what he wants!

shaunie said...

I haven't looked at any blogs in forever, but wow, what a confusing breakfast request and eating process. I guess it's good that he definitely knows what he wants. Jilly was also kind of like that, and now that she's older, that personality trait is awesome. With toddlers, it can push you to the brink of insanity.