1.15.2015

Snow and Christmas Trees

 On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we woke up to snow. It was a couple of inches of sloppy, wet snow, but still! The boys were thrilled. We had already decided to get our Christmas tree that day, so the snow made for a fun adventure. We've never had snow while Christmas tree shopping up here.

 We had planned to go to the Gibbons farm for Thanksgiving, but then Devon got Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. :( So, we pulled the plug on that. We were all soo sad to have to stay home, but in the end, I'm glad we did. Clayton and Jaren ended up with it, and Tyler and I got a really bad sore throat/cold that turned into a sinus infection for me. So, not fun at all. Devon was still not feeling himself, okay, no one was feeling 100% on this day, but we adventured on.


 Ready to haul our pick to the truck! It was pretty chilly!

 That afternoon, Tyler and Kaden went for a hike up the hill. They saw lots of waterfalls, lots of animal scat, but I don't think they saw any animals. All hunkered down from the snow storm, I guess.

 Playing in the snow while Mom and Dad cooked breakfast - before we went to get our Christmas tree. 

 Clayton giving Devon a ride...uhh...trying to. Clayton and Devon weigh about the same.

 Our house is right in the middle of the picture, beneath the road. It would be awesome to have our house up on the hill, to see this view everyday!

 After the tree defrosted in the garage for a couple of days, we brought it inside to decorate. I was in charge of dispersing ornaments. When four little boys want ornaments all at once, that gets a little crazy!!


We had a beautiful tree this year. I'm glad we got it right after Thanksgiving, so that we could enjoy it for a few weeks before going to Idaho. I almost wondered if it would even be worth it to get a tree, but knew that everyone in the house would protest against that. So, we got one, and I'm glad we did. It was fun to decorate, and watch the boys get so excited about it. 

No comments: