Just pretending...but Devon wants to get in and play!! So much for bedtime...
And then this happened. He is adjusting, slowly. Maybe I converted his bed too soon, but he is getting the hang of it. Finally fell asleep IN his bed last night, instead of on the floor. Now he can open all the doors in the house. Sigh...
And these two love "doing the dishes". I call it playing and splashing water everywhere, but they think that they are helping. And they are having fun.
We went up to Mt Baker at the beginning of the month to go sledding. The snow wasn't the greatest, and Devon wasn't very happy with the whole thing, but the other boys had a great time. Most of the hills were either straight down, or little bunny hills.
Tyler and Kaden went off a cliff, basically, and landed in some deep fluffy snow. Only when we needed to head out did we realize that the keys had fallen out of Tyler's pocket. He had unzipped it to give me something, and then forgotten to zip it back up. Big oops. We did have a spare hidden in the truck, thankfully. While Tyler walked around to look for the keys, the boys continued sledding, I was holding a very tired, fussy Devon, and I prayed. I prayed that we would find the keys. A few minutes later, I got up to walk over to where Tyler and Kaden had gone sledding. I knew that I was not going to be able to look around very much while holding Devon, and I definitely was not going to climb the cliff. I just walked to where they had landed and saw the keys, laying in a big boot print. I was so happy, and SO SO grateful for answered prayers.
Gigantic Mt Baker in the background. We want to go back here another day.
The rest of our month has consisted of basketball. Practices and games. Kaden and Jaren are having a lot of fun. They have improved so much, and it's fun to see their enthusiasm and excitement.
{so sorry for the horrible photo. Devon was in my lap and not happy about it}
Tyler is coaching Jaren's team this year. The coaches also get to referee the games, which didn't seem like it would be so bad. But it's not Tyler's favorite thing to do. He'd rather coach from the sidelines, than be in charge of making calls.
And...I don't even know what to say about this. No Shave November turned into Goatee December, which turned into, I Mustache you a Question January. Tyler was a little nervous at church that the Deacons were going to come and ask him to help pass the Sacrament, but they ended up having enough people. The mustache only lasted for a day, thank goodness!
2 comments:
Cool story about the keys. Tyler has an awesome moustache, like a lumber jack. Was this a work contest or did you come up with the monthly facial hair taglines?
I too have only been able to keep a mustache for about a day before shaving it. It's hard to pull it off, though I think Tyler is doing a fine job here.
Post a Comment