11.25.2013

Things and Thanks


These two little boys!! Clayton would love to snuggle with Devon all the time. But Devon is too busy for that. Clayton has enjoyed Devon playing and interacting with him more. Clayton is still constantly touching, hugging, pulling, pushing, you name it, to Devon. I thought it would be a phase after Devon was brand new, and then Clayton wouldn't be so physical.  But no. I'm surprised a little bit, but I'm trying to tell myself that it just means that Clayton loves Devon to pieces. Whenever Devon does something that Clayton thinks is cute or funny, he walks (or runs) up to Devon and softly (or not) smacks his cheeks, or gives him a big squeeze. Something. Most of the time he is soft and nice, and other times he tries to throw Devon around. That doesn't work very well when Devon is only less than 10 pounds lighter than him. 


 During Tyler's quick trip to Germany at the beginning of November, he picked up some shirts for the boys. Devon got an authentic little boy outfit. Now I just need to find a pattern for the overall/shorts thing. Whatever it's called. (Think Sound of Music outfits for the boys.)



There is a ledge all the way around our basement. Devon has figured out that he can climb up and go behind the couch. Fun times, except for when he gets stuck, but that hasn't stopped him. (I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he reaches the games on top of the bookcase. For now, they are safe.)



Trying on all the snow clothes and ski boots. Devon had to get in on the action, too. He tries to wear everyone's shoes. Pretty much whoever has shoes by the door, he will try to put them on, and then walk in them. Funniest thing ever.



Devon has not had a haircut. Yet. I'm thinking that it's going to be soon, since the back is getting long. The boys love getting his hair wet and spiking it up. His hair is so fine, that it never stays up for long. Tyler and Devon both have a dimple on the same side! 

Clayton came home with a thankful list that contained the following:
Mom
Devon
Breiton (a friend)
Legos
Netflix

Do I need to cut back on the Netflix a little bit?? :) He is addicted.

With Thanksgiving approaching, and my recent birthday, I've been thinking a lot about the last 10 years. I am so grateful to have Tyler in my life. I have so much joy and happiness with the little family we've created. Tyler and I have been together for 11 years now. That sounds like a long time, but it has flown by. I love this time of year, to express thanks and gratitude and ponder on the life and mission of the Savior. 

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Lederhosen! That's the word you're looking for. Your boys are getting so big and adorable :) It was great seeing you at the Trunk-or-Treat!

shaunie said...

Cute clothes! Our friends here have lederhosen for their boys and they wear them like shorts in the summer. It's so fun that Clayton loves Devon like that. Hopefully it continues!

Kathy Martinsen said...

Happy Thanksgiving! This was such a fun blog post. We are so thankful for our Martinsen Family in Washington and love you tons!