One of the things I love most about Idaho is picking huckleberries. Well, I love eating them more than I love picking them. :) I think Devon would agree with that. Him and Clayton were stealing them by the handful straight from the bucket. The words from Blueberries for Sal kept running through my head.
While I was eating lunch, Clayton asked me when we could eat huckleberries. I told him to go ahead and pick some and that he could eat them. A few minutes later, I turn around and he has the bucket, shoving the berries in his mouth by the handful. I could not believe it!
It must have been easier that way.
These two. Best friends.
And these three? Slaying dragons, or bears, in the forest, most likely. Definitely not picking berries.
It was so good to spend a day in the mountains.
All those smells and sounds that you don't get anywhere else.
No comments:
Post a Comment