1.06.2012

suprise

 I really wanted to make another quilt for our room, and finally got around to it last fall. My mom offered to get it quilted as part of our Christmas, so I had to hurry!

 So, I secretly bought the fabric and got to work. 
The boys did a really good job of not telling Daddy!

 I took it to my Mom at the beginning of November when I went down for a few days. It was perfect because Tyler had to stay home and do scout training.

We opened Christmas from my parents on New Years Day and I was a little giddy with excitement. We opened the box and the first words out of Tyler's mouth, "Oh, I like that!" I was happy that he liked the fabric. Our choices about home decor aren't always the same. He was a little confused about how/when I was able to pull it off. And he was very impressed that the boys knew but never said a word!

Thanks Mom and Dad, we love it!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It's Beautiful Nicole!

Jenny-Jenny said...

It looks GREAT!! Good job and congrats on keeping the big secret!

Mom Martinsen said...

Way to go on another beautiful quilt! I love the colors and layout! Fun how you pulled off the surprise and glad that Tyler liked it, too.

martinsenfamily said...

Cute quilt! I'm getting ready to start one for McKenzie in a very similar color scheme.