8.17.2011

7

 Tyler woke Kaden up early on his birthday and they drove to Deception Pass to go salmon fishing. Kaden reeled in a nice pink; he had to hold on pretty tight! He got cheered by everyone on the beach, along with those in the boats when he finally got it in!


I surprised Kaden with a "donut" cake. Or I was just too tired to try and bake a cake. You decide. Either way, he loved it. "Mom, these are better than cupcakes!" Definitely!



 Grandma's card had a little fishing guy - how appropriate!


He was so happy with his presents. Looks at that grin.


 We played on the beach for a while in the fog - it was freezing, though!
 And then we drive up the the bridge and apparently only the beach was covered in fog. When we got there, it was foggy everywhere, so we thought it was still that way. I'm so glad some of it burned off.

Happy birthday Kaden!

2 comments:

Anna R said...

I think your donut cake is amazing!
And it means you're a really cool mom.
C wanted donuts one year instead of a cake, too. I was so happy to grant that birthday wish. : )

Riggs Familia said...

Happy Birthday Kaden!